Points of interest
- Australian Light Horse Memorial ParkAttraction & Military heritageGoulburn Valley Highway, SeymourThis 150-hectare park was once part of Victoria’s largest Army base, the Seymour Camp, or site 17. Once a busy camp, today the park is a quiet and peaceful place. See relics and building foundations. Take in panoramic views of the surrounding ranges and countryside.
- Blue Tongue BerriesAccommodation & Food producers and purveyors445 Northwood Road, Seymour0403 831 520Blue Tongue Berries is a 20 acre organic blueberry farm located near Seymour in central Victoria. The farm produces organic blueberries and has an accommodation offering on site.
- Brave Goose WineryWineries and breweries8803 Goulburn Valley Highway, Whiteheads Creek03 5799 1229 or 0417 553 225
- Broadford Courier NewspaperAttraction & Historical landmark110 High Street, BroadfordThe Broadford Courier building is now home to a museum of local history, run by the Broadford and District Historical Society.
- Chapman Hill Extra Virgin Olive OilsFood producers and purveyorsChapman Hill, Keeyuga, Glenaroua03 5785 1207
- Former Family Residence of Ned KellyAttraction & Historical landmarkKelly Street, BeveridgeBeveridge is home to the Ned Kelly House, the birthplace of the infamous bushranger and where he spent his early childhood years.
- Great Victorian Rail TrailAttraction & Railway heritageMain Road, Tallarook1800 RTRAIL (1800 787 245)Australia’s longest rail trail traverses Mitchell Shire. Its 134km length extends from Tallarook to Mansfield and passes rivers, valleys, lakes and mountains as well as calling in at welcoming country towns. Explore on bike, on foot or on horseback.
- Hume and Hovell MonumentAttraction & Historical landmarkMonument Hill Reserve, Monument Road, KilmoreLocated in Kilmore, this watchtower was erected to honour the explorers whose expedition played a significant role in establishing the colony of Victoria.
- Kilmore CourthouseAttraction & Historical landmarkPowlett Street, KilmoreDesigned by J J Clark, the Kilmore Courthouse was constructed in 1863. The building is an example of Victorian Romanesque style architecture.
- Kilmore Miniature RailwayAttraction & Railway heritageCorner of Ryan’s Road and Foot Street, Kilmore03 5781 1711The Kilmore Miniature Railway runs on the last Saturday of the month in conjunction with the Kilmore Scouts Market.
- Kilmore Town HallAttraction & Historical landmark16 Sydney Street, KilmoreThe former town hall was built in 1894 and features a decorative facade with enormous Corinthian pillars.
- Lamb BaconPO Box 132, Lancefield0404 490 757
- McIvor EstateWineries and breweries80 Tooborac-Baynton Road, Tooborac03 5433 5266
- McIvor Estate Olive OilFood producers and purveyors80 Tooborac-Baynton Road, Tooborac03 5433 5266
- McIvor Farm FoodsCorner of Northern Highway and the Lancefield Road, TooboracBelinda 0419 422 238 or Jason 0428 414 547
- Merindoc Café and Cellar DoorWineries and breweries2905 Lancefield-Tooborac Road, Tooborac03 5433 5188