L.B Davern Reserve Wandong
The Wandong Memorial Stadium is a multi-purpose sporting facility. There are also rooms for hire which are suitable for meetings, activities, children’s birthday parties, weddings, family events and more:
- strung timber court
- home and away change rooms
- kitchen — fully equipped with fridge, microwave and stove
- toilets and showers including disabled facilities
- heating and air-conditioning
- fully furnished private office with sink and separate heating
This reserve holds many facilities including a sporting oval, synthetic cricket pitch, 2 synthetic grass tennis courts, 4 multipurpose hard courts for netball and tennis, community centre and Wandong Stadium.
Bookings and enquiries
Wandong Stadium is managed by Council.
To apply to book the stadium:
Fully fenced playground next to an oval and tennis courts. Structure with wave slide, fireman's pole, inclined climber with half circles, straight ladder, chain bridge, flying fox, monkey bars, monkey rungs and chain traverse. Also swings.
Next to the pavilion, 20m away, there are two unshaded tables, water tap and a carving from a tree stump. Next to the oval there are three unshaded tables, water tap, shelter with two tables and a BBQ. 50m up the hill is a lovely sculpture titled "Stockman" by Steve Wolfe.
Also at this location
- Wandong Memorial Stadium (L.B Davern Reserve)Halls & rooms for hire & StadiumDry Creek Cresent, Wandong03 5734 6200Rooms for hire are suitable for meetings, activities, children’s birthday parties, weddings, family events and more. Contact Mitchell Shire Council.
- L.B Davern — Committee of ManagementHalls and Function Rooms, Neighbourhood Houses and Community Centres, Sport and Recreation & ReservesDry Creek Cresent, Wandong03 5787 1137
This page was last updated on 18 November 2020.