Skip to main content

Event permits

Whether you are hosting an event for the first time or have previous experience hosting events, you will need to check whether you need permission from Council or other providers.

Some events require permits from the Council, such as a Festival Permit, Temporary Road Closure permit, Place of Public Entertainment permit, Streatrader or additional local laws permits.

Council can support you in identifying what permits are required and how to obtain them. We can also act as a support when working with third parties such as VicPol or VicRoads.

This page was last updated on 23 March 2022.