Wear It Purple Day — Wallan
Wear it purple day (WIPD) is an annual LGBTIQA+ awareness day that strives to foster supportive, safe, empowering and inclusive environments for all rainbow young people. Supporters wear purple to celebrate diversity and young people from the LGBTIQA+ community. WIPD is celebrated globally on 26 August 2022.
In celebration of WIPD Mitchell Youth Services will be hosting free afternoons of fun at each of our youth rooms.
If you are aged between 12-18 join us for:
- free merch and other giveaways
- cupcake decorating
- games and activities
Don't forget to dress in purple to show your support!
Additional dates, times and locations
- Broadford Youth Room Monday 22 August 3:30 pm to 5 pm
- Seymour Youth Room Tuesday 23 August 3:30 pm to 5 pm
Please note this event is for young people aged 12-18 only. This is a FReeZA event. FReeZA is a Victorian Government initiative that supports young Victorians to get involved in their community by planning and running drug, alcohol and smoke-free events for other young people.
Nationally accredited first aid and CPR training, free for young people in Mitchell Shire.
- Sunday 4 December at 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Broadford Living and Learning Centre
- Sunday 1st January 2023 at 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Sunday 5th February 2023 at 11:00am - 12:00pm
This page was last updated on 2 August 2022.