Building your business with online reviews
- Wednesday 9 September at 12:00pm - 12:45pm
- Virtual event
- Business, Talks and Workshops
Are you a small business owner looking to boost your online presence? Our new Digital Marketing Workshop Series is here to help.
Join us on Wednesday 9 September for an online webinar to discover the importance of online reviews with expert advice from Caolan O’Connor.
88% of people trust reviews as much as personal recommendations. In fact, having a suite of positive customer reviews may be the single most effective marketing you can do. But asking for reviews can feel icky, and the fear of receiving a scathing review (deserved or not) can be paralysing. In this workshop we’ll look at how you can encourage positive reviews, how to deal with the poor ones, and how to create a system for generating and managing your reviews.
By the end of the 45 minute webinar, participants will learn:
- why “social proof” is so important to small and medium sized businesses and where to use them
- when you should (and shouldn’t) encourage online reviews, and how to do so
- how to deal with “bad reviews”
- how to create a “review funnel” for your business (or the system for getting reviews)
- overview of some 3rd party tools that can help you manage, moderate and display your reviews.
Prior to attending this course, participants should:
- A verified Google My Business listing
- Login to any review sites used
You can use the document below to learn more about completing these steps prior to attending.
Further details of how to access this online webinar will be provided prior to the event date.
The Victorian Government's Small Business Bus can help you to develop your business ideas and capabilities. Delivered by experts from the Small Business Mentoring Service (SBMS), the on board mentoring sessions can help you to identify a clear direction for your business, discuss key issues and priorities, and develop an action plan to achieve your goals.
- Tuesday 14 July at 10:00am - 4:00pm
This is a great opportunity to access tailored advice specific to your existing business or if you are intending to commence a business. You will get a one-on-one session with an experienced business counsellor from the Box Hill Business Enterprise Centre Each session is 1hr. Free of charge.
- Thursday 16 July at 9:30am - 4:00pm
- Virtual event
This page was last updated on 1 July 2020.