Finding your business on Google
- Tuesday 4 August at 12:00pm - 12:45pm
- Virtual event
- Business, Talks and Workshops
Are you a small business owner looking to boost your online presence? Our new Digital Marketing Workshop Series is here to help.
Join us to learn how to optimise Google for your business with expert advice from Caolan O’Connor.
Ever used Google to do a local search (think “mechanic near me” or “dentist in Seymour”)? One in every two people who do a local search on Google visit a store that day! These people are generally ready to make a purchase and are looking for YOU. Make it easy for people to find your business on Google by leveraging the Google My Business tools. This course will show you how to setup and optimise your free GMB listing and how to optimise your listing to appear better in Google search.
By the end of the 45 minute webinar, participants will learn:
- what Google My Business (GMB) is, and the opportunities it provides to local businesses
- how to optimise their GMB listing
- the benefits to developing consistent NAP (name, address, phone) citations across complementary channels (such as Yelp, YellowPages, HiPages, etc)
- how to maintain your GMB listing to ensure visitors are seeing current, relevant and engaging information
- common issues and how to deal with them
Prior to attending this course, participants should:
- Create an account with Google
- Claim their business listing via GMB
- Verify their business
Please refer to the document below for steps on how to achieve this.
Further details of how to access this online webinar will be provided prior to the event date.
The Victorian Government's Small Business Bus can help you to develop your business ideas and capabilities. Delivered by experts from the Small Business Mentoring Service (SBMS), the on board mentoring sessions can help you to identify a clear direction for your business, discuss key issues and priorities, and develop an action plan to achieve your goals.
- Tuesday 14 July at 10:00am - 4:00pm
This is a great opportunity to access tailored advice specific to your existing business or if you are intending to commence a business. You will get a one-on-one session with an experienced business counsellor from the Box Hill Business Enterprise Centre Each session is 1hr. Free of charge.
- Thursday 16 July at 9:30am - 4:00pm
- Virtual event
This page was last updated on 29 June 2020.