Electoral structure review Broadford drop in
The Victorian Electoral Commission (VEC) is reviewing the electoral structure of Mitchell Shire Council and is seeking your input.
By law, every Victorian council must have its electoral structure reviewed approximately every 12 years to ensure it provides fair and equitable representation for all voters.
This review is called an electoral representation review and considers:
- whether the local council has the appropriate number of Councillors
- whether the local council should be subdivided into wards or be unsubdivided
- if subdivided, the number of wards, ward boundaries and the number of Councillors per ward.
The VEC also looks at the demographics and growth potential in the area as well as the structure in similar councils.
The VEC is encouraging all individuals and groups in Mitchell Shire to have their say. You can take part in the review by making a submission to the VEC. Public input is a vital part of the review process, providing valuable local perspectives and knowledge. A submission guide is available on the VEC website.
The VEC will be hosting public information sessions for anyone interested in finding out more about the review.
- Seymour: 5pm ,Tuesday 12 November at Chittick Park Community Place
- Wallan: 7.30pm, Tuesday 12 November at Wallan Family and Children’s Centre
- Kilmore: 7pm, Wednesday 13 November at John Taylor Room, Kilmore Customer and Library Service Centre
To find out more, including details of the public information sessions, visit vec.vic.gov.au or call 131 832.
The Victorian Electoral Commission (VEC) is reviewing the electoral structure of Mitchell Shire Council, and is seeking your input at Chittick Community Place.
- Tuesday 12 November at 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Chittick Community Place
The Victorian Electoral Commission (VEC) will be hosting public information sessions about the review of the electoral structure of Mitchell Shire Council. Have your say at the Kilmore Customer and Library Service Centre.
- Wednesday 13 November at 7:00pm - 12:00am
- Kilmore Customer and Library Service Centre
This page was last updated on 16 December 2019.