Located in a picturesque valley studded with ancient granite boulders, Tooborac is a small service town with a reputation for its outstanding country food and hospitality. A growing number of food and beverage establishments and accommodation spots make this a great stopover on your way to Bendigo, Heathcote and beyond.
History and Heritage
The Tooborac Hotel was traditionally a popular stop for weary travellers on their way to the gold fields. The Tooborac Hotel was built in 1857 and is a heritage listed building. Today the hotel is still operational, so be sure to drop in and view the collection of photos inside that tell the stories of the years gone by.
Explore the Area
The township of Tooborac may be small, but don’t be fooled — there are some gems to be found. Tooborac offers quality attractions and is fast becoming known as a true food and wine destination.
Lancefield-Tooborac road is the home to many great attractions. McIvor Estate offers a cellar door that overlooks a large vineyard and olive grove. Merindoc cellar door has a range of wine tasting experiences and picturesque views. There is also a range of accommodation available including Mimosa Glen and Merindoc Cottages.
In the centre of town you will find the Tooborac General Store. Here you can stock up on supplies or grab a tasty lunch in the adjoining café. The Tooborac Hotel and Brewery offer a range of beers on site and is renowned for its warm and inviting atmosphere. Make Tooborac your next destination to visit.
Points of interest
- McIvor Estate Olive OilFood producers and purveyors80 Tooborac-Baynton Road, Tooborac03 5433 5266The McIvor Estate olive grove was established in 1999 and now has 7.5 hectares of different olive varieties.
- McIvor EstateWineries and breweries80 Tooborac-Baynton Road, Tooborac03 5433 5266The property yields award-winning wines and an olive grove producing oils and fruit.
- McIvor Farm FoodsFood producers and purveyorsCorner of Northern Highway and the Lancefield Road, TooboracBelinda 0419 422 238 or Jason 0428 414 547The award-winning McIvor Farm Foods specialises in Old Breed Pork, from Berkshire pigs.
- Tooboorac General StoreFood producers and purveyors5015 Northern Highway, Tooborac03 5433 5313
- Tooborac Brewery and HotelAccommodation & Wineries and breweries5115 Northern Hwy, Tooborac03 5433 5201A historical heritage-listed family-friendly pub with an onsite working brewery.
This page was last updated on 20 January 2022.