Points of interest
- Australian Light Horse Memorial ParkAttraction & Military heritageGoulburn Valley Highway, SeymourThis 150-hectare park was once part of Victoria’s largest Army base, the Seymour Camp, or site 17. Once a busy camp, today the park is a quiet and peaceful place. See relics and building foundations. Take in panoramic views of the surrounding ranges and countryside.
- Blue Tongue BerriesAccommodation & Food producers and purveyors445 Northwood Road, Seymour0403 831 520Blue Tongue Berries is a 20 acre organic blueberry farm located near Seymour in central Victoria. The farm produces organic blueberries and has an accommodation offering on site.
- Brave Goose WineryWineries and breweries8803 Goulburn Valley Highway, Whiteheads Creek03 5799 1229 or 0417 553 225
- Broadford Courier NewspaperAttraction & Historical landmark110 High Street, BroadfordThe Broadford Courier building is now home to a museum of local history, run by the Broadford and District Historical Society.
- Broadford Town Loop (Broadford Common)Tracks and trailsHigh Street, BroadfordA gentle loop trail around Broadford.
- Broadford War MemorialAttraction, Historical landmark & Military heritageHigh Street, BroadfordThe Broadford War Memorial was originally dedicated to those from the district who served in World War One. Names of the fallen of World War Two were later added. A wall was also built alongside the Memorial to commemorate those involved in conflicts after the Second World War.
- Chapman Hill Extra Virgin Olive OilsFood producers and purveyorsChapman Hill, Keeyuga, Glenaroua03 5785 1207
- Community Park TrailTracks and trailsHadfield Park, WallanThis trail runs through Hadfield Park and meanders along the well-vegetated Wallan Creek.
- Former family residence of Ned KellyAttraction & Historical landmarkKelly Street, BeveridgeBeveridge is home to the Ned Kelly House, the birthplace of the infamous bushranger and where he spent his early childhood years.
- Goulburn River TrailTracks and trailsManner St, SeymourGet back to nature with a walk along the Goulburn River Trail.
- Great Victorian Rail TrailAttraction & Railway heritageMain Road, Tallarook1800 RTRAIL (1800 787 245)Australia’s longest rail trail traverses Mitchell Shire. Spanning 134km, it extends from Tallarook to Mansfield and passes rivers, valleys, lakes and mountains, while also calling in at welcoming country towns. Explore on a bike, foot or horseback.
- Hume and Hovell MonumentAttraction & Historical landmarkMonument Hill Reserve, Monument Road, KilmoreLocated in Kilmore, this watchtower was erected to honour the explorers whose expedition played a significant role in establishing the colony of Victoria.
- Kilmore CourthouseAttraction & Historical landmarkPowlett Street, KilmoreDesigned by J J Clark, the Kilmore Courthouse was constructed in 1863. The building is an example of Victorian Romanesque style architecture.
- Kilmore Creek Heritage Art WalkTracks and trailsVictoria Parade, KilmoreA gentle walk along Kilmore Creek, telling the story of Kilmore through artist-designed panels and sculptures.
- Kilmore Miniature RailwayAttraction & Railway heritageCorner of Ryan’s Road and Foot Street, Kilmore03 5781 1711The Kilmore Miniature Railway runs on the last Saturday of the month, weather permitting.
- Kilmore Town HallAttraction & Historical landmark16 Sydney Street, KilmoreThe former town hall was built in 1894 and features a decorative facade with enormous Corinthian pillars.
Your form is submitting…
This page was last updated on 5 May 2021.