Customer service and libraries now open (limited services)
Following updated restrictions from the Victorian Government, we are starting to reopen the doors of our Customer and Library Service Centres to the public from Monday 1 June.
It’s important to note that these services are reopening with safety at the forefront. This includes processes for social distancing, limits on visitor capacity and a gradual schedule for reopening.
- Opening hours: Monday to– Friday, 8.30am-5pm
- Five visitors plus staff
Kilmore, Seymour and Wallan
- Opening hours: Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm
- 10 visitors plus staff
Beveridge Micro Library
Remaining closed at this stage, may reopen in Term 3.
Changes for borrowing at the centres
At present browsing of items is not permitted. To borrow a book you will need to place a hold on a title and you will then receive an email or SMS when it’s ready to collect.
You can only place a hold on items in your home (local) library branch. To place an item on hold call your home branch on 5734 6200, visit the front desk of the branch or use our online booking system
Available face-to-face services
We're so pleased to be opening our doors, but we must stress that you should only visit if essential. We'll still be providing our services remotely and encourage you to call or email in the first instance. The following services will gradually become available between Monday 1 June and Friday 5 June.
- Collection of books, DVDs or magazines on hold
- External library return chutes
- Payment of rates and animal registrations
- VicRoads licence renewals (Kilmore only)
- DHHS self-service terminal (Kilmore only)
- Purchase of miners rights (Kilmore only)
Services remaining unavailable
The following services remain unavailable at our centres.
- Browsing books to borrow. Members can only borrow books by placing a hold over the phone or online
- Access to public computers
- Photocopying, printing or scanning
- Learner permit tests (as directed by VicRoads)
- Babytime, Rhymetime and Storytime sessions
- Use of library facilities including desks and chairs
We will gradually increase our face-to-face customer services. If you are unsure of any service availability please contact our centres via to phone to confirm.
Thank you for your patience as we work to deliver face-to-face services in a healthy and safe manner.
This page was last updated on 12 June 2020.