Safety works O’Gradys Road, Kilmore starting soon
Safety at the intersection of O’Gradys Road and Kilmore East Road near the Kilmore East railway station and underpass will be greatly improved with works on a new turning lane, lighting and speed limit changes to start next week.
The important upgrade includes two new streetlights and a new ‘T-Intersection’ which will help drivers to move safely while entering or exiting onto O’Gradys Road in both directions.
Kilmore East Road will also be lowered at the railway bridge providing a smoother and safer road surface which will benefit trucks, larger vehicles and improve drainage in heavy downpours and storms.
Works start Monday 1 June and are expected to be completed by September, weather permitting. Two power poles have been relocated in preparation for the works.
The work zone will be reduced to 40km/h both during construction and at night.
While there may be some minor delays, traffic will still be able to move through the area. Council reminds drivers to follow traffic instructions for their safety and the safety of road workers.
The State Government’s Fixing Country Roads program funded $975,000 of the intersection and lighting project. Council contributed $268,000 to these upgrades as well as $180,000 to lower the road.
Quotes from Mayor David Lowe
“Keeping residents, workers and visitors to our shire safe on our roads is important, and a project like this will help achieve that. We want to ensure our road network is able to remain as safe as possible as our population grows and more people choose to work regionally,” he said.
“Please adhere to changed speed limits and obey traffic management for your safety and the safety of roadside workers.”
“Council works in partnership with the State Government on a number of roads projects. This collaboration has allowed a number of the Shire’s roads to be improved for our growing population.”
- Activating Ryan's Creek Reserve, KilmoreParks, playgrounds, reservesThis project will activate this large linear reserve in West Kilmore.
- Activation of Broadford Parks and Play spacesParks, playgrounds, reservesThis parks and play spaces activation project will improve recreation opportunities and address key gaps in Broadford’s service provision.
- Annual Sealed Road Renewal ProgramRoads and parkingThis annual program of works involves resealing and rehabilitation of roads to ensure they remain safe and serviceable across the Shire.
- Broadford Secondary College Soccer Pitch ImprovementsCommunity facilitiesThe project includes a full reconstruction of the soccer pitch at Broadford Secondary College.
- Greenhill Reserve Cricket NetsCommunity facilitiesThe scope of works is to construct a new five lane compliant synthetic cricket net facility to replace the existing four lane structure.
- Greenhill Reserve Main Oval Change Rooms - Female Friendly Change RoomsCommunity facilitiesThis project includes a refurbishment and upgrade to the existing main oval change rooms.
- Greenhill Reserve, Wallan - Upper Oval LightingCommunity facilitiesThis project is a lighting upgrade of the main oval at Greenhill Reserve.
- Harley Hammond Reserve Netball Tennis ProjectCommunity facilitiesThe project will deliver a shared use pavilion along with a complete reconstruction of two multi- purpose courts with the addition of competition standard lighting.
- LB Davern Reserve, Wandong - Enclosure 2 Design & ConstructCommunity facilitiesThis project works include reconstruction of two existing multipurpose courts that are used for tennis and netball.
- Lions Park, Seymour Fishing Platform RenewalParks, playgrounds, reservesThis project works involves renewal of an existing fishing platform at Lions Park that is in poor condition and end useful life.
- Pyalong Social Family Recreation SpaceCommunity facilitiesThis project will deliver an upgrade to the town center park in Pyalong.
- Taylors Creek Reserve, WallanCommunity facilitiesThis project will improve recreation opportunities along Taylors Creek and connections through Wallan.
This page was last updated on 12 June 2020.