Public Notice - Notice of Intention to Lease
Mitchell Shire Council (Council) gives notice under section 190 and 223 of the Local Government Act 1989 (the Act) that it proposes to enter into a Lease with The Bridge Youth Services Inc. of 127 Welsford Street, Shepparton, Victoria in respect of the premise to be known as the Wallan Youth Hub (The Hub). The Hub will be located at 119 Wellington Street, Wallan, being the land contained in Volume 9948 Folio 270. The hub will facilitate the co-location of services to develop and deliver a range of health and wellbeing services to better support at-risk youth in Mitchell Shire.
The principle terms of the lease will be:
1. Lease Commencement would be at the completion of renovations, estimated to be in April 2020.
2. Lease Term of four years.
3. Annual Lease Fees - First year $500, second year $6,000, third year $9,000 and fourth year $12,000 (GST to be added to all fees).
4. Location of the Lease premise shown on the plan below.
5. The permitted use being for the purpose of delivering services to support at-risk youth.
6. The lessee is to be responsible for outgoings, cleaning, general repairs and maintenance and garden maintenance.
7. The Lessee will indemnify the Council at all times.
Any person who wishes to make a submission regarding the proposal may do so under Section 223 of the Local Government Act 1989 (the Act) and written submissions will be considered in accordance with Section 223 of the Act. Please note all written submissions lodged will be available for public inspection for a period of 12 months in accordance with the Act. Any person making a written submission may request in the submission to be heard in support of their submission. Any person requesting to be heard is entitled to appear in person, or be represented by a person specified in the submission, before a meeting of Council’s Community Questions and Hearings Committee.
Written submissions should be addressed to the Acting Chief Executive Officer, Mitchell Shire Council and be posted to 113 High Street, Broadford, VIC 3658 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions must be received by 5pm on Thursday 30 April 2020. Enquiries regarding the above should be directed to Council on 03 5734 6200.
This page was last updated on 21 May 2020.