Public Notice - Expressions of Interest for independent member of CEO Employment and Remuneration Committee
In preparation for the implementation of section 45 of the Local Government Act 2020, in July 2021, Mitchell Shire Council has adopted a CEO Employment and Remuneration Policy.
This policy establishes a CEO Employment and Remuneration Committee which is comprised of four (4) Councillors, including the Mayor and Deputy Mayor, and an Independent Member.
The Policy specifies that the Independent Member must possess and demonstrate the following key competencies:
- strong leadership and communication skills
- skills, expertise and experience in one or more of the following:
- human resources management (including Executive recruitment, remuneration and talent management)
- senior business or government (including local government) experience
- experience with and understanding of employment law
- demonstrated ability in performance management and development of Executive level staff
- understanding of good governance and previous experience working with Governance bodies or Boards
- ability to work effectively with Councillors and the CEO
- knowledge and understanding of the issues affecting the Mitchell Shire.
Expressions of interest are now being sought from suitably experienced and qualified individuals to be the Independent Member of the Committee.
The Independent Member may be initially appointed for the period of the CEO’s current contract, and may be re-appointed.
Expressions of Interest should detail:
- your skills, experience and qualifications
- how you meet the selection criteria above
- your remuneration expectations
- an hourly rate, a meeting rate or an annual retainer will be considered
- include all costs including travel and any ancillary costs
- names of two (2) professional representatives
- your availability (the Committee will be convened as soon as the Independent Member has been selected)
- other relevant information.
The member will be selected by the Council which may involve a presentation to and an interview by Councillors.
Please forward your Expression of Interest to: Laurie Ellis, Director Governance and Corporate Performance: email@example.com
Contact with the CEO or Councillors will disqualify potential applicants.
Expressions of Interest close at 5pm on Friday 19 March 2021.
This page was last updated on 2 March 2021.