COVID restrictions in Mitchell Shire
The Victorian Government has restrictions in place to help tackle the spread of COVID-19.
Mitchell is part of regional Victoria's restriction levels.
State Government information and restrictions
Mitchell Shire is now in step 3 on the roadmap to recovery.
- There are no restrictions on the reasons to leave home.
- Stay safe as restrictions ease by washing your hands regularly, wearing a face covering when you leave home, coughing and sneezing into your elbow, and keeping at least 1.5 metres from others.
- Keep your friends and family safe by meeting outdoors. There is a lower risk of spreading coronavirus (COVID-19) between people if you are outdoors. Groups of up to ten people will be able to meet outdoors.
- Restrictions are easing to allow for cafes, restaurants, beauty and personal care, and some outdoor entertainment venues to open. Restaurants will open in a predominantly outdoor capacity, with a group limit of 10 people, and density limits.
- You must not travel to metropolitan Melbourne except for permitted work purposes, care and compassionate reasons or shopping for food and supplies, if necessary.
- Face coverings must be worn by all Victorians when they leave home, unless they have a lawful exception.
- If you have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) get tested and stay home. Stay at home if you feel unwell.
For a full list of updates and more information please visit the Victorian Government website.
Mitchell Shire Council information
This page was last updated on 25 September 2020.