Micro library now open in Beveridge
Greater Beveridge Community Centre will be home to a new micro library service starting on 20 May.
With many new residents moving into Beveridge, Mitchell Shire Council is introducing the service to encourage people to join the library and to help people access some basic library services without needing to travel to Wallan.
- sign up as members
- order and collect items from the full library catalogue
- access the self-serve library kiosk
- return items through the library chute and
- browse the on-site collection of approximately 1200 books and other resources.
At this stage, the service will operate from 9am to 1pm on Mondays and Thursdays. Times and days will be reviewed in July, when Council is also hoping to introduce an afternoon session and some other library activities.
An after-school robotics program for people aged 10 to 14 will also be held in June.
The Greater Beveridge Community Centre is on the corner of Lithgow Street and Mandalay Circuit in Beveridge.
The centre also offers early years programs, maternal and child health, immunisation and community meeting spaces.
Mitchell Shire Mayor, Councillor Bill Chisholm
“The $6.7 million Greater Beveridge Community Centre opened at the end of last year and it is exciting to be able to introduce this new service.
“As well as being a convenient way to access the library collection, the micro library is a great way to encourage people to come together and take a look around the new centre if they haven’t had a chance to yet.
“Our community is growing and much of this growth is happening in Beveridge right now. On behalf of my fellow Councillors, I am thrilled to be able to announce this new service as just one of many ways we are working to support our communities right across the shire.”
- Greater Beveridge Community CentreHalls for Hire, Kindergarten, Library & Maternal and Child HealthCorner Lithgow Street and Mandalay Circuit, BeveridgeGreater Beveridge Community Centre is a hub for all ages located in the growing community of Beveridge and aims to deliver a multi-generational hub that delivers services, which are accessible, responsive and supportive to a community.