Major Defence works present local trades and technical opportunities
Civil works and services trades and businesses are being encouraged to contact the short-listed tenderers to support construction activities under the Armoured Fighting Vehicle Facilities Program (AFV FP) Stage 1.
The significant project is delivering buildings and infrastructure at Puckapunyal Military Area to support the introduction of a new generation of Armoured Fighting Vehicles.
Four tenderers have been short-listed to deliver the works and want to connect with local trades and technicians across Mitchell Shire as well as neighbouring Council areas associated with the base.
By connecting with those in the supply chain, it will allow the tenderers to further develop their tender application and gain an understanding of the range of trade and technical numbers, expertise and ability required to support such a project.
The proposed works at Puckapunyal Military Area are still subject to Parliamentary Approval and will include:
- A new three story education and training simulation building
- A new vehicle hangar
- Extensions and refurbishments to the workshops and servicing bays
- Demolition of existing facilities and buildings
- Refurbishments and modifications to vehicle hangars
- Refurbishments and modifications to existing administration and training facilities
- High Voltage reticulation works and sub station replacement
Civil works and services trades and businesses with expertise and skills in delivering on such projects are encouraged to contact the companies below by sending an email with business contacts and details.
It is advised businesses contact the short-listed tenderers by 30 June, 2020.
- Hansen Yucken: LAND400_Stage1_PMA@hansenyuncken.com.au (Attn: Tom Dwyer)
- Laing O’Rourke: Land400AFVFP@laingorourke.com.au (Attn: Jarod Sultana)
- St Hilliers: AFVPuckapunyal@sthilliers.com.au (Attn: Tim Kamensky)
- Watpac: estimatingVIC@watpac.com.au (Attn: Kelvin Black)
The project is outlined in more detail in the attached PDFs (see below).
This page was last updated on 25 June 2020.