Mitchell rejoins regional Victoria for COVID-19 restrictions
Lockdown restrictions will be lifted in Mitchell Shire from 11.59pm on Wednesday 13 October, following advice from Victoria’s Chief Health Officer.
A number of Council services will be able to return to face-to-face delivery, with COVID-safe protocols in place. Keep an eye on our Covid Services page from Thursday to see what changes are in place.
While not all restrictions have eased, Mitchell Shire residents will join other regional Victoria LGAs in enjoying some freedoms including:
- The five reasons to leave the home will be removed
- There will be no limit on the distance you can travel from home, other than restrictions on entry to metropolitan Melbourne
- Public gatherings with up to 10 people will be allowed
- Private gatherings in the home are not permitted - however intimate partner visits and single-person bubble visits are allowed
- The Authorised Worker list will no longer apply, meaning most businesses and venues can reopen with capacity and density limits
- The rule ‘if you can work from home, you should work from home’ will still apply, but office workers will be able to return up to 25 per cent or up to 10 people, whichever is greater.
- Masks must be worn indoors in workplaces
- Regional schools will reopen for onsite learning for all students - however some year levels are only on-site for part of the week.
- Prep, grade 1, grade 2, year 7, year 11, and year 12 return on-site 5 days
- Grade 3, grade 4, year 8, year 9 (Tuesday and Wednesday only)
- Grade 5, grade 6, year 10 (Thursday and Friday only)
- All students return to on-site 5 days from Tuesday 26 October
- Learn more on this staged return.
- Funerals will be permitted for up to 20 people
- Weddings will be permitted for up to 10 people, plus those required to conduct the service
- Restaurants and cafes can reopen for seated service with patron caps
- Retail, hairdressing, entertainment venues and community facilities will also open in line with density limits and patron caps
- Outdoor personal training with up to 10 people plus a trainer is permitted
- Indoor physical recreation open (gyms) with 10 people per facility indoors, 20 per facility outdoors
- Masks will continue to be required indoors and outdoors, apart from private residences, unless an exception applies.
Regional Victoria residents (including Mitchell Shire residents) must not travel to metropolitan Melbourne other than for permitted reasons. These include:
- for authorised work or permitted education
- to visit an intimate partner
- for care and compassionate reasons, including permitted child minding
- to access necessary goods and services provided they are from the facility that is closest to where you live
- other limited reasons such as moving house
This page was last updated on 15 October 2021.