National Volunteer Week Grant 2022 terms and conditions
The Community Volunteer Support Program is being run and managed by Mitchell Shire Council.
By completing the application form you agree that you are an authorised representative of the community group and have agreed to all terms and conditions on behalf of the group.
Personal information collected by Council is used for municipal purposes as specified in the Local Government Act 2020 or other relevant legislation. All personal information (including images) collected by the Proponent and Mitchell Shire Council will be used for the Council’s business purposes and kept confidential except as permitted in the below Terms and Conditions of Entry.
These details will not be disclosed to third parties unless the Council is required to disclose the information under other legislation or disclosure is necessary to complete the purpose for which it is sought. You may access the information you have provided to the Council at any time and make corrections if you believe that information is incorrect.
Allocation of funds
- Where the number of eligible applications exceed the available funds for that geographic location funds will be assigned by a ballot system. Funds will be allocated across areas of Mitchell Shire in accordance with the Forecast ID Small Areas population data, with eligible expressions of interest for each area going into a ballot draw. Where allocation of funds is not exhausted due to ineligibility or lack of expressions of interest Mitchell Shire Council reserves the right to not allocate all funds.
- Mitchell Shire Council reserves the right to disqualify any entries that do not meet the objectives of applicable Council strategies and plans or request that an entry be modified to meet eligibility.
- Funds will be made available expressly for funding the action described within the community group’s application and are non-transferable.
- Up to $500 per community group is available. Mitchell Shire Council reserves the right to award a lesser amount of funding than requested which will be discussed with the applicant prior to awarding funds.
- Funds may support technology, training and development, equipment including personal protective equipment, subscriptions, transport, or other costs usually incurred by volunteers or the community group. Groups must be able to show how items are required for volunteer roles.
- Items for which funds are requested must align with Council strategies and plans and align with the grant program’s purpose.
Receipt and management of funds: successful applicants
- Mitchell Shire Council is not responsible for incorrectly provided bank account details. Incorrectly transferred funds may not be able to be recovered. Please ensure bank account details are accurate at the time of submitted the application.
- Bank accounts for the payment of funds must be in the name of the community group.
- Successful applicants will be asked to enter a funding agreement with Mitchell Shire Council. This will include financial acquittal of funds and may include outcome of funding information such as how the funding supported the volunteers and provision of a photo if applicable.
- Funds will be required to be acquitted using the form supplied by Council by no later than the 30th September 2022, or as agreed between the community group and Mitchell Shire Council.
- At the time of acquittal groups will be required to provide additional information such as how the grant has provided benefit to the volunteer or community group.
- COVID requirements apply to all funded actions in line with relevant state regulations at the time of the action.
- All correspondence pertaining to the allocation of items purchased with the grant funds must include the following acknowledgement: “Supported by Mitchell Shire Council”.
- Funds cannot be used to reimburse purchases that have already taken place prior to the closing date of the grant.
Entries will open 9am Wednesday 11th May and close 5pm on Wednesday 8th June 2022.
At the conclusion of the grant response evaluation successful applicants will be notified via email. Where applications exceed available allocation in each geographic location, eligible entries will be entered into a ballot. Funds are normally paid into the nominated bank account within four (4) weeks.
Groups must meet all the following eligibility criteria:
- The community group is a currently registered incorporated association.
- The group must have a significant presence in Mitchell Shire consisting of:
- Having volunteers who reside in Mitchell Shire; and/or
- Providing a tangible and significant benefit to the Mitchell Shire community.
This page was last updated on 9 May 2022.