Grants for Plants terms and conditions
How it works
Mitchell Shire Council will provide grants to local schools up to $600 to purchase native plants, stakes, guards and materials required for revegetation activities on school grounds.
These activities might be part of National Tree day or other events. Each school is responsible for the purchase of native seedlings and materials. Approximately 10% of approved funding can be allocated to any necessary equipment to assist in planting/aftercare of the seedlings (e.g. stakes and guards, shovels, fertiliser, water etc).
- applications open 1 July and close 30 April the following year, each year
- applicants will be contacted and notified of their grant application: within 2 weeks of their application
- project and final report completed by 31 May 2023
- grant paid upon final report by 2 weeks after receipt of the final report.
Terms and conditions
- Eligible for Primary Schools and Secondary Colleges located in Mitchell Shire.
- Only one grant per school per financial year.
- Each school is responsible for purchasing native seedlings, materials and equipment. A quote for the plants must be submitted with the application.
- Quotes are not required for equipment to assist in planting/aftercare of the seedlings (e.g. stakes and guards, gloves, shovels, fertilizer however receipts must be attached to the final report (template provided).
- Plants must be native, forestry tube size (50mm x 50mm x 123mm). Grasses can be in more cost-effective hiko trays (40mm x40mm x 90mm) or smaller cells.
- The application and plant species list needs to be approved by Mitchell Shire Council’s Environment Team.
- The planting must involve school students.
|Euroa Arboretum||0429 127 399|
|Tallarook Trees||0422 625 973|
|Valley of a Thousand Hills Tree Farm||03 5784 9286|
|Western Plains Flora||03 9740 3178|
Local plant species can be found in the Mitchell Sustainable Gardening Booklet below or by contacting Mitchell Shire Council for a list specific to your area.
The school will receive funds for completing the project and submitting a short final report with receipts and photos. The report template will be provided and will take no more than 10 minutes to complete.
This page was last updated on 7 September 2022.