Federal election campaign 2019
During the Federal election, we called on candidates to commit funding for local mental health services and a full diamond interchange ramps joining Hume Freeway and Watson Street in Wallan.
We had a fantastic response from the community with more than 1000 emails and postcards sent to candidates in the seats of McEwen, Nicholls and Bendigo. We're currently reviewing our advocacy priorities and will have updated information available in coming months about these, and other campaigns and how you can get involved.
If you'd like to know more about our other advocacy priorities, please visit the Advocacy page on our website.
In the news
- 31 May 2019Council to continue call for improved roads
- 14 May 2019Community gets behind mental health and freeway election advocacy campaign
- 3 May 2019$23 million election commitment for Wallan freeway upgrade
- 30 April 2019Federal commitment for freeway interchange at Wallan needed now
- 18 April 2019Council welcomes Federal election commitment to mental health
- 12 April 2019State of Mitchell's mental health
- 4 April 2019Mitchell community gets behind Federal mental health and freeway campaign
- 29 March 2019Community invited to federal election advocacy campaign launch
- 27 March 2019Northern Councils call for Federal roads package