Portable Long Service Leave Pop Up Information Session
The Portable Long Service Authority is coming to Broadford to help inform employers of the new Portable Long Service Scheme in Victoria.
Meet Education Officers from the Pop Up Authority who can help you register your business with the new statutory authority and guide you through how to submit a quarterly return.
Since the introduction of the Long Service Benefits Portability Act on 1 July 2019 workers will now be entitled to long service leave or benefits after working for seven years in their industry, irrespective of how many employers they have worked for over that time.
The new state government statutory authority will manage the scheme while employers will pay a levy to finance the payment of these entitlements to workers. The levy will be capped at about 3 per cent.
From 1 July until 30 September 2019, businesses who employ workers in roles covered by the Portable Long Service Scheme must register as an employer with the Portable Long Service Authority.
This can be done online at Portable Long Service Authority website.
If you require assistance to determine if you need to register, you can contact the Authority on 1800 517 158.
Collaborate, network and interact with like-minded businesses in our co-working space for micro and small business owners.
- Friday 20 December at 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Kilmore Customer and Library Service Centre
- Friday 27th December 2019 at 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Friday 3rd January 2020 at 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Friday 10th January 2020 at 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Friday 17th January 2020 at 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Friday 24th January 2020 at 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Friday 31st January 2020 at 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Friday 7th February 2020 at 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Friday 14th February 2020 at 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Friday 21st February 2020 at 9:00am - 5:00pm
This page was last updated on 17 September 2019.