Terms and conditions — website events calendar
Mitchell Shire Council provides an events calendar that allows you to advertise events within Mitchell Shire.
We require you to submit the event details via the submission form provided. This form requires you to provide details about your event. Mitchell Shire Council will then review this content and at our discretion publish this content on appropriate publications and our events calendar.
These terms are relevant to you if you wish to advertise your event on the Mitchell Shire events calendar.
Please assure you understand the following terms.
You are eligible to submit an application to the event calendar if you are a tourism business operator, event organiser or community group that are providing an experience within Mitchell Shire.
For an application to be approved the event is to be held within Mitchell Shire Council. In some cases, events outside the shire’s boundaries may be advertised on the calendar if they are seen to be of significance to tourism in the Mitchell Shire Council and will only be approved at the discretion of Mitchell Shire Council.
As an event organiser, you must notify Mitchell Shire Council of any event and assure appropriate permits are approved prior to the event being advertised on the calendar. You can notify us via the expression of interest form.
In the case that notification is not given to Mitchell Shire Council or permits are not obtained we have the discretion to not publish or remove the event from the calendar.
You warrant that the content of your event is:
- is true and accurate
- is not fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive and
- is not is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive.
You agree that you will not submit any listing with false or misleading price information or submit any listing with a price that you do not firmly intend to honour.
You must not upload, publish, submit or transmit any content that:
- infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party's patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy;
- violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability or promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group;
- is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any other person; or
- promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances.
You warrant to us and agree:
- that the content does not in any way contravene or infringe any third party’s rights (ie any person or entity), including without limitation, their intellectual property, privacy, publicity or contractual rights, and
- that where any third-party approval for use of the Content is required, such approval has been obtained and the Content does not breach any conditions attached to such approval.
Content distribution — acknowledgements by you
You license us and permit us to list, publish, copy, edit, modify, adapt, use, store and further distribute and transmit content as we think fit, provided we act reasonably in the interests of promoting tourism and events in Mitchell Shire Council. Your content may be listed or republished on any production by Mitchell Shire Council.
Mitchell Shire Council shall not be responsible for any republication, modification or editing of your content by any other third party.
Informing us of content changes
You agree to promptly inform and advise us of any update, amendment or modification required to the content so that the content is accurate and complete at all times. You shall do this by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Termination and removal of content
You agree that failure by you to comply with these terms entitles us, in our absolute discretion, to remove or suspend all content from all databases, publications and listings without notice. This right may be exercised if in our view you have breached any of these terms.
Changing these terms
We may change or otherwise modify these terms in the future in accordance with the terms and conditions herein, and you understand and agree that your continued access or use of the site after such change signifies your acceptance of the updated or modified terms.
Be sure to return to this page periodically to review the most current version of these terms.
You agree to observe and comply with all laws, rules and regulations applicable to your business. By accepting these terms, you acknowledge and agree that the terms and conditions set out herein constitute a legally binding agreement between you and us.