Mitchell Shire is located less than one hour, 40km north of Melbourne, with the majority of our shire just outside of the suburban fringe, and the southern tip of the shire now within the Urban Growth Boundary.
Located in the heart Victoria and it is the second fastest growing regional municipality outside metropolitan Melbourne. With an easy commute to Melbourne, Mitchell offers the ideal lifestyle choice with affordable new housing and infrastructure to support a range of enterprises as well as access to education, health services, recreational facilities and shopping.
Mitchell Shire covers an area of 2,864 square kilometres and shares boundaries with Hume and Whittlesea to the south, Macedon Ranges, Mount Alexander and Greater Bendigo to the west, Strathbogie to the north and Murrindindi to the east. Mitchell Shire incorporates the townships of Beveridge, Broadford, Heathcote Junction, Kilmore, Puckapunyal, Pyalong, Reedy Creek, Seymour, Tallarook, Tooborac, Wallan and Wandong.
Mitchell Shire Council's Mission and Vision
Together with our community, creating a sustainable future.
Working with our communities to build a great quality of life.
Mitchell Shire Council:
- Is committed to providing good governance and compassionate leadership;
- Is committed to supporting our diverse community;
- Values community involvement and vigour, and diversity of opinion;
- Recognises the commitment of our staff;
- Protects and enhances our natural environment;
- Plans for and promotes our future; and
- Promote economic development within our municipality.
- Teams work together to get the job done.
- Leaders guide and inpsire.
- People respect and help each other to succeed.
- Staff are appreciated and valued.
- Success is celebrated.
Customer service excellence
- Customers experience exceptional service.
- Customers and staff are treated with dignity and respect.
- We do what we say we're going to do.
- Every person is accountable for the success of One Mitchell...it starts with me!
- A strong sense of dedication and pride.
- A strong sense of community and belonging.
- Look for ways to improve the way we work.
- Develop staff to be the best that we can be.