The Victorian Government is calling for applications for the 2009 Victorian Bushfire Commemoration and Community Development Grants. Local groups can apply through Mitchell Shire Council. Councils will then recommend applications for funding to Local Government Victoria for consideration.
What will be funded?
Grants of up to $5000 (ex GST) are available for:
- commemorative events organised by community groups or councils
- restoration or rejuvenation of existing memorials to the 2009 bushfire events
- community development activities or initiatives that:
- improve community connectedness, social wellbeing and collaboration
- build, promote and strengthen a sense of community identity
- promote community health and wellbeing
How to apply
Please read the Victorian Government's 2009 Victorian Bushfires Commemoration and Community Development Grants Scheme Guidelines and then download and complete the application form.
Applications close Monday 8 October.
Previous applications for MCRAG grants
We are in the process of notifying community groups who applied for the MCRAG Foundation grants about whether their application has been successful. If you would like to check the status of your application before making a submission, please contact Council.