If you’ve always wanted to try your hand at composting or setting up a worm farm, Mitchell Shire Council has a special offer for you this October.
Council is offering a half price subsidy for compost bins and worm farms through local retailers in Broadford, Kilmore, Seymour and Wallan (capped at $30 per compost bin or $50 per worm farm).
Claiming the offer is easy: pick up a voucher, purchase your compost bin or worm farm and send your claim to Council for processing within seven days, but be quick as there is a limited number of subsidies available.
Mitchell Shire Mayor Councillor Rhonda Sanderson said the initiative was a great way for people to reduce the amount of waste that ends up in landfill and produce a great product for the garden at the same time.
“Composting and worm forms are a great way to put your kitchen food scraps and home garden waste to good use,” Cr Sanderson.
“It’s been fantastic to see the community get behind the War on Waste and this is a practical way for every household to do their bit and make a difference.”
“It’s good for the environment, good for your garden and any reduction in the amount of food waste that ends up in landfill is good for the hip pocket in the long term.”
- Broadford - Broadford Timber and Hardware
- Kilmore - Kilmore Mitre 10
- Kilmore - Wyndywood Worm Farm (online)
- Seymour - Seymour Timber and Hardware
- Wallan - Pretty Sally Home and Garden
Terms and conditions:
- Only valid for one compost bin or worm farm per household.
- Claim must be made within seven days of purchase.
- Up to 50% rebate available to a maximum of $30 per compost bin or $50 per worm farm.
- Only available from participating retailers.
- The subsidy will run from 1 to 31 October 2018 unless subsidy funds are fully subscribed earlier.
Find out more about our Compost Bin and Worm Farm Subsidy and download your voucher (PDF).