14 July 2017
Do you have a child that’s ready for four-year-old kindergarten next year?
Parents and guardians are encouraged to get in quick to secure a 2018 kindergarten place for their child, with applications for first round offers closing at 5pm on Tuesday 1 August.
To attend kinder next year, children must be four years of age or under before 30 April 2018.
Mitchell Shire Mayor Rhonda Sanderson said kinder was the vital first step in a child’s education journey.
“Kindergartens are wonderful places where children can access quality education programs which build the foundations for a smooth transition into school,” Cr Sanderson said.
“Children that attend Mitchell Shire kindergartens will learn a wide range of skills, everything from social interaction and creative educational activities to physical development.
“Our friendly and well-qualified kindergarten staff will be there every step of the way to make the kinder journey as smooth as possible.”
There are seven Council-run kindergartens in Mitchell Shire. Council also runs the Flowerdale Kindergarten:
· Mt Piper Kindergarten (150 High Street, Broadford).
· Marie Williams Kindergarten (3 White Street, Kilmore).
· Pyalong Kindergarten (High Street, Pyalong).
· Wandong Kindergarten (Dry Creek Crescent, Wandong).
· Wallan Kindergarten (Bentinck Street, Wallan).
· Creating Futures Children’s Program (Wallan Family and Children’s Centre, corner of Stanley and Queens streets, Wallan).
· Flowerdale Kindergarten (3377 Whittlesea-Yea Road, Flowerdale).
· Seymour East Kindergarten (55 Pollard Street, Seymour).
The kindergarten services are subsidised by the Department of Education and Training and Mitchell Shire Council. The subsidy, however, does not fully cover operational costs so kindergarten fees are charged.
To apply for a 2018 kindergarten place, fill out the form online HERE.
For more detail about Council’s kindergarten services, please call (03) 5734 6200, email firstname.lastname@example.org or click HERE.