9 March 2017
It’s never been easier to have your voice heard and help shape the direction of the community.
The new Mitchell Shire Council is developing the next four-year Council Plan and wants input from their most valued source of information – you!
The Council wants to know simple things such as:
• What do you like most about where you live or work?
• What would make your community a better place to live or work?
• What should Council focus on over the next four years?
The Council has made it easy to have your say, with a range of ways you can engage including listening posts, surveys and an online chat.
Mitchell Shire Mayor Rhonda Sanderson said the community had the knowledge and ideas to help create the best plan for the future.
“The new Council has a strong commitment to improving community consultation, transparency and accountability and we’re actively seeking ideas from across our community,” Cr Sanderson said.
“We want to know what will make the biggest positive difference to our community over the next four years. Our community is the most valued source of information and has the knowledge that can guide us in developing the Council Plan.
“We want to engage as much as possible on all sorts of projects. This is just the start, but it is our most important plan for the next four years and we look forward to hearing from our community.”
Councillors will be holding listening posts across the shire in the coming weeks including at:
• Kilmore Market Hudson Park, Saturday 25 March (10am-12noon)
• Broadford Living and Learning Centre, Thursday 30 March (10am-11am)
• Tallarook Farmers’ Market, Sunday 2 April (10am-12noon)
• Seymour Sports and Aquatic Centre, Tuesday 4 April (5pm-6pm)
• Kilmore Library, Tuesday 4 April (2pm-3pm)
• Wallan Multi-Purpose Centre, Wednesday 5 April (10am-11am)
• Broadford Library, Wednesday 5 April (2pm-3pm)
• Seymour Library, Thursday 6 April (2pm-3pm)
• Wallan Old Time Market, Saturday 8 April (9am-12noon)
There will be a live online chat on Monday 3 April at 12.30pm, and you can complete a simple online survey at www.engagingmitchellshire.com.
Councillors will also be at many local events and will be dropping in to several locations across the shire to get your thoughts. Details will be provided each week at Council’s Customer and Library Service Centres and online.
For more information including upcoming events and other listening posts, please visit Engaging Mitchell, call 5734 6200, contact your ward councillor, or visit our Facebook page.