Mitchell Shire Council provides these guidelines to assist you in submitting your application for the advertised position.
Please ensure that you read the following instructions carefully, prior to submitting your application. Mitchell Shire Council is committed to implementing child safe standards within our organisation.
Prior to any offers of appointment the selection panel will assess applicants. The most suitable applicants may be invited to attend for personal interview.
In submitting your application; you should include the following:
- This letter should include your contact details, including a daytime phone number and the name of the position you are applying for.
- Your covering letter should include reasons why you are applying for the position and an overall summary of your skills and experience that meet the selection criteria of the position.
Address the Selection Criteria
- Attach a separate statement outlining your experience against each Key Selection Criteria identified in the Position Description.
- Short listing of applicants for attendance at interview is based on how well your skills, knowledge and experiences address the key selection criteria.
- Your resume provides additional information for the selection panel.
- It should be precise and easy to read.
- Highlight your major achievements and only include information that is relevant to the position.
- Please include contact details for two (2) work related referees.
- (Referees will only be contacted after a personal interview has been conducted and you are being considered for the position).
- Referees should be notified and advised of the possibility that they may be contacted by Mitchell Shire Council for a reference check.
Submitting your application
All applications will be submitted online through Council’s application portal (all online applications will receive an automatic response).
Download the eRecruit Application Guide (PDF, 461K)
If you are unable to submit an electronic application it should be addressed to:
People & Culture Department
Mitchell Shire Council
113 High Street Broadford 3658.
To have your application considered; it must be received no later than 9.00am on the closing date.
Unfortunately, we cannot consider any applications received after this time.
If your application is successful we will require the following documents prior to commencement:
- Birth Certificate or Extract and any formal registration of name changes such as a Marriage Certificate, or deed poll documentation (if name is different on Birth Certificate/Extract)
- Current Driver's Licence
- If your birthplace is outside Australia, documents proving you are legally able to work in Australia, i.e. evidence of citizenship/permanent residency status or working visa
- Satisfactory completion of a National Police Check
- Satisfactory completion of Pre Employment Medical (dependant on the role)
- Provide current Working with Children Check (dependant on the role)
To assist Council to recruit the right person for the job, we at times require preferred applicants to undergo psychometric testing. This is a series of assessments that identify behaviour that individuals demonstrate in response to various situations. As with all personnel related documentation, we maintain the results of such undertakings in strict confidence.
Mitchell Shire Council acknowledges and respects the privacy of individuals. We treat all applications with the utmost confidentiality and documentation provided by unsuccessful applicants', will be disposed of within 6 months of the position advertisement.
The successful applicant's personal details (including referees comments) will be included on the individual's Personnel File. Access to Personnel Files is restricted within the organisation.