Located less than an hour from Melbourne, in the heart of Victoria; Mitchell Shire is easily accessible to other key Victorian regional centres including Bendigo and Shepparton and the North East via a comprehensive network of major roads and the Melbourne to Sydney rail line.
Close to metropolitan Melbourne but offering a relaxed semi-rural lifestyle, Mitchell Shire is increasingly becoming Victoria's number one place to live, work and play.
Along with quality housing, recreation, education and health facilities; Mitchell Shire is also famous for its scenic beauty; characterised by rolling hills, rural plains and the mighty Goulburn River - the lifeblood of the region - making it a hugely popular lifestyle and holiday destination.
Mitchell Shire includes the following townships: Beveridge, Broadford, Heathcote Junction, Kilmore, Puckapunyal, Pyalong, Seymour, Tallarook, Tooborac, Wallan and Wandong.
Our region is home to award winning wineries and our fertile soil grows some of the best produce in the world.
We offer everything from historic pubs and picturesque vineyard settings to boutique restaurants and romantic hideaways.
Events, festivals, arts, culture, history and heritage - we have it all in Mitchell Shire-Goulburn River Valley Region.
Be Part of the Growth
Be part of the growth at Mitchell Shire Council where we offer many lifestyle and career advantages.
As a peri-urban council on the move, it is an exciting time to be part of our organisation.
We need people ready for a challenge and we need them now.
In particular, Council provides the following support and assistance for employees (many of which are part of Council's Enterprise Agreement):
- extensive training and career development opportunities including study assistance
- salary sacrifice arrangements
- job sharing opportunities and work from home
- flexible leave and work arrangements
- generous paid maternity leave, adoption and paternity leave
- health and wellbeing program
- discounted Health Insurance
- social activities
- uniform allowance
- discounted gym membership at Mitchell Shire Leisure Facilities
- an Employee Assistance Program - free counselling and support
- pre-natal leave and breast feeding facilities
- end of band payment
- part time return to work from parental leave
- cultural and ceremonial leave
- fortnightly staff newsletter
- purchased leave
- phased retirement
With flexible working conditions and a supportive and innovative team environment, Mitchell Shire Council has everything you need to create the career and lifestyle you want.
Our Values are...
Innovation ↔ Collaboration ↔ Excellence ↔ Accountability ↔ Integrity