Conditions of entry — hArt of Mitchell Exhibition Artists
Conditions of entry
- It is free to apply and to exhibit in the hArt of Mitchell Exhibition. Only one artwork per artist can be submitted.
- Participants are required to live, work, study or base their art practice in Mitchell Shire. Participants must be 12 years or older.
- Artworks can take any of the following forms: small sculpture, jewellery, painting, drawing, printmaking, textiles, photography, digital/video.
- Entries must be submitted by 9 am, Tuesday 10 May. Late entries will not be accepted and no changes can be made to artwork information or artist’s statements after the application deadline.
Applications must include:
- A completed Application Form.
- A high-resolution digital image of your proposed artwork. The artwork does not need to be complete at the time of submitting your application. Digital image files must be in JPEG format no less than 1MB.
- If you intend to submit a screen-based work, please also send a link to your Mp4 or MOV file via WeTransfer to Ange Stock Community Development Officer - Arts & Culture firstname.lastname@example.org. We also accept YouTube or Vimeo links.
- If applicable, instructions are to be included for how your artwork is to be set up and displayed with orientation/directional arrows. Any special requirements or instructions must be included in the entry form.
- A brief description about your intended work (70 words max). This may be published as an artist statement.
- Optional. A brief biography (150 words max).
The artwork must be:
- an original work created or completed since May 2019 (i.e. no more than 3 years old)
- ready to install safely when delivered Two dimensional (hanging) works must come with hanging points, wires, or other fixtures. Our preference is for D-rings installed 10cm down from top of the frame.
- labelled on the back/bottom of the piece (artist’s name and artwork title).
- within specified size limits.
- 2 Dimensional (hanging) works may measure up to 100 cm along any axis, including frame.
- 3 Dimensional (sculptural) works may measure up to 60 cm wide, 40 cm high and 38 cm deep.
- Works larger than this will not be accepted.
Applicants will be notified about the acceptance of their entry by email by 5 pm Thursday 12 May. Email will also outline details of artwork delivery and the Opening night event.
To Broadford Living and Learning Centre must be made between the following times only:
- Wednesday 1 June 9:30am to 3:30 pm or
- Thursday 2 June 12pm to 6pm
- No late artworks will be accepted.
An opening night celebration will be held on Thursday 9 June, 6 to 8 pm. Artists will be required to register by 9 am Thursday 26 May.
Exhibiting the artwork
- Mitchell Shire Council reserves the right to exclude any artwork which it considers defamatory, likely to cause offence, too fragile or dangerous to the public. The Chambers Gallery is a family-friendly venue.
- Any artworks damaged in transit or without an appropriate hanging system will not be included in the exhibition.
- Artists are responsible for the insurance, packaging, delivery and collection of all artwork.
- Council will exercise reasonable care but will not be held responsible for any loss or damage to artworks.
- The gallery staff will install/place artworks at their discretion.
- For artworks listed as “For Sale” Mitchell Shire Council will pass on contact details of potential buyers to artists if requested. Council is not responsible for the handling of money or the coordination of artwork sales and takes no commission on sales generated by the exhibition.
Images of artworks may be reproduced in print and electronic media for publicity purposes and by the gallery for archival purposes.
After the exhibition closes, artwork must be collected during the following times only:
- Tuesday 28 June 11 am to 3 pm or
- Wednesday 29 June 10 am to 3 pm
Please note collection is from Chambers Gallery, 113 High Street, Broadford (not the venue used for delivery).
If you would like to submit a hardcopy entry form instead of applying online, please contact the Community Development Officer – Arts & Culture.
If you have any questions about the ‘Conditions of Entry’ please contact the Community Development Officer – Arts & Culture.
Tuesday 5 April 2022
9am Tuesday 10 May 2022
Acceptance notified via email
On or before 5pm Thursday 12 May 2022
Wednesday 1 June 9:30 am to 3:30 pm or Thursday 2 June 12 pm to 6 pm to Broadford Living & Learning Centre, 158 High Street, Broadford
Register for opening event
By 9 am Thursday 26 May 2022
Exhibition opening event
6 pm to 8 pm, Thursday 9 June 2022
Thursday 9 June to Sunday 26 June 2022. Wed - Fri 10 AM – 4 PM, Sat - Sun 10:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Tuesday 28 June 11 am to 3 pm or Wednesday 29 June 10 am to 3pm only from Chambers Gallery, 113 High Street, Broadford
If you have any queries regarding the above please contact Ange Stock our Community Development Officer - Arts & Culture email@example.com or call 03 5734 6200.
Be more involved
Council is seeking artists to work as Gallery attendants over the weekends of the exhibition as well as to present artist talks and workshops. Please indicate your interest on the application form or contact the Community Development Officer – Arts & Culture for more information.
This page was last updated on 19 April 2022.