Get together your team of 4-6, participate as an individual or participate as a school. The 2017 Pedometer Challenge is back, and open to all ages and abilities.
Choose a Team Captain who will complete the registration and enter the steps on behalf of the team. Don't forget to choose a creative Team Name for the Leaderboard.
Choose a Screen Name to show on the Leaderboard. You can use your own name or make one up.
Make sure one person is responsible for your registration
REGISTRATIONS CLOSE 8 OCTOBER. RECORD YOUR STEPS ON THE WEBSITE 9 OCTOBER - 5 NOVEMBER.
To get started:
- Register on our website.
- Pick up your pedometer from one of our Customer and Library Service Centres, use your own, or download a pedometer app for your smartphone.
- We'll send you an email the week prior to 9 October to remind you to get ready. You'll be able to enter your steps on our website Leaderboard from 9 October. We'll send you regular emails to remind you and help you stay on track.
- You have the option of either entering your steps for each day – or tallying them up and entering the total in the last field (Sunday) for each week.
- The Leaderboard will update at midnight each Monday and after that you won't be able to enter any more steps for the previous week. So be sure to update your steps before the deadline for your best chance to compete. Come back each day if you can, it's a great way to make sure you don't miss out.
- Don’t forget, when recording your steps, honesty is the best policy!
Mitchell Shire Council, in conjunction with VicHealth, are encouraging all schools to participate in Walk to School by signing up and participating in the 2017 Pedometer Challenge.
Walking is great for our health and wellbeing and it is recommended that each participant aims for 10,000 steps per day.
To help you along the road to success, we've put together a handy, downloadble Information Pack (2.2 MB) to help you get started and keep track of your progress.
At the end of the Challenge, the overall leader for each category, individual and team, will receive a prize*. There will also be prizes for Most Creative Team Name, Best Team Photo, and much more!
Limited Pedometers will be available for collection, for free, through any of our Customer Service Centres. Participants are also encouraged to use any fitness/pedometer functions on Smart Phones, Smart Watches, Fitness Trackers etc.
*Terms & Conditions
For more information about the Mitchell Shire Pedometer Challenge, email Pedometer.Challenge@mitchellshire.vic.gov.au or contact our Community Development Team on 03 5734 6200.