The Playground is now open
Mitchell Shire’s premier playground at Wallan offers an exciting array of adventure play experiences for children of all ages and abilities including a fun and challenging five-story tower complete with 3 slides and a fully accessible water splash park.
The main playground is free and open to the public all year. The splash park operates from 10am to 8pm between the months of December and March.
The Playground features:
- An imposing treehouse tower with three slides accessed by varying levels of challenging climbing routes as well as numerous cubby spaces throughout and underneath.
- A 25 metre double flying fox with an inclusive seat
- A spinning carousel
- Interactive tractor play
- Multi directional nest swings
- Sand play with scoops and sensory activities
- Covered BBQ areas and accessible change room facilities (excludes hoist for wheelchair to toilet transfers)
The Splash Park features:
- A water play area with a range of jets providing an exciting water play experience
- A splash play table featuring pumps, troughs and water channels
- A water three ring water tunnel with squirting water jets
- An aqua drop bucket
- A ‘creek’ bed seating area with water jets
- The playground has wheelchair accessible pathways throughout with direct access to all-abilities change rooms and parking facilities
- The water splash park includes accessible pumps, troughs and water jet platforms
- Sand play spaces including a raised sand play table with scoops and shade
- Wheelchair accessible interactive tractor play and access to level 1 of treehouse tower
- Various playground features include an inclusive seat on the flying fox, multi directional nest swing with impact absorbing surface for inclusive access
The state of the art splash park filtration system meets aquatics industry standards and monitored daily. Should there be any mechanical breakdowns, an alarm system automatically notifies Council so it can be attended to immediately.
See 22-12-2016 Ability is no limit for new adventure playground in Wallan Media Release
View Adventure Park Opening Video
Download the Overall Map Design (JPEG, 401K)
For other playspaces visit our Playgrounds page
This innovative, all-abilities playground was made possible through a funding partnership between the Victorian State Government, the Wallan & Kilmore Community Bank® Branches of Bendigo Bank and Mitchell Shire Council.