Website accessibility statement
We want everyone who visits the Mitchell Shire Council website to feel welcome and find the experience rewarding.
We're working hard to achieve our goal of Level AA accessibility, but we realise there are some areas that still need improving.
To help make the our website a positive place for everyone, we've been using the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities, and user friendly for everyone.
Our website has been built using the following features:
- code compliant with W3C standards for HTML and CSS
- displays correctly in current browsers and using standards compliant HTML/CSS code
- website is friendly on mobile, tablet and desktop devices
- content on this site is structured in a way that should properly indicate context and meaning
- Google translate available on every page
If you have trouble accessing any information on our website, please let us know.
Our publishing team are available to assist you in accessing the desired information.
Resizing text on this website
You can change the size of the text on our website to suit your preference using your browser setting.
If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- go to the View menu at the top of your screen
- select Text size
- choose to view with larger or smaller type
For other browsers, consult the browser Help for details.
You can also view the Web Accessibility Initiative website for useful instructions on how to change text size or colours.
Interpretation and hearing relay services
We provide Relay, translating and interpreting services.
Accessibility and inclusion
More information about Council's commitments to people living with a disability can be found on the Social justice page.
Let us know what you think
If you enjoyed using the Mitchell Shire Council website or if you had trouble with any part of it, please get in touch.
We would like to hear from you in any of the following ways: