Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Published 22 September 2020Council electionsCouncil is now in a Caretaker Period (pre-election period) until 6pm on Election Day (Saturday 24 October).
- Published 21 September 2020Wallan electronic gaming machine application VCAT appeal hearingInformation about how to watch the VCAT appeal hearing regarding an application from Hogans Hotel in Wallan for an extra 20 electronic gaming machines.
- Published 17 September 2020COVID restrictions in Mitchell ShireThe Victorian Government has restrictions to help tackle the spread of COVID-19. Mitchell Shire is part of regional Victoria's restriction levels.
- Published 10 September 2020Competition to share the love for MitchellA competition to share the love for Mitchell is helping to keep spirits high and support businesses amid stage 3 COVID-19 restrictions.
- Published 9 September 2020Big boost for family services in MitchellFunding announced for Wallan Community Services Hub and Kilmore Family and Children's centre which will provide more family, community and early education services. Read more about the exciting announcement.
- Published 7 September 2020Reedy Creek fuel reduction works prepare for fire seasonFuel reduction works were recently completed in Reedy Creek.
- Published 25 August 2020Tourism planning for a strong futureMitchell Shire Council endorsed the Tourism and Visitor Economy Plan 2020-2024 – a bold action plan for enhancing the tourism experience and growing the visitor economy across our shire.
- Published 2 August 2020Mitchell remains at stage 3 restrictionsThe Victorian Government has announced restrictions to help tackle the community spread of COVID-19. We can confirm that Mitchell remains in Stage 3 restrictions as part of regional Victoria.
- Published 31 July 2020$1.78 million to enhance sporting reservesTwo sporting reserves in Mitchell Shire will get a boost with $958,000 in funding through the Victorian Government’s 2020/21 Local Sports Infrastructure Fund. Mitchell Shire Council will contribute $820,000, totalling a $1.778 million across three projects.
- Published 24 July 2020Illegal dumper caught red-handedMitchell Shire Council’s local laws officers have fined a resident more than $300 after covert cameras caught them red-handed illegally dumping waste along Old Sydney Road.