Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Published 25 June 2019Instructors recognised at state-wide leisure awardsTwo Mitchell Shire Council employees have been celebrated at the annual Aquatics and Recreation Victoria Industry awards night as they picked up two of the most decorated awards.
- Published 24 June 2019More than 30,000 visits in two monthsIn just one year, more than 200,000 books, CDs and DVDs have been borrowed from Mitchell Shire Council’s libraries – with more than 30,000 visits in April and May this year alone.
- Published 24 June 2019Youth Council nominations now openAre you interested in helping to shape the future of Mitchell Shire Council on important issues like mental health and youth services? Get your nomination in to join the Youth Council.
- Published 24 June 2019E-waste banned in Victoria from JulyTo help protect the environment and recover more resources, the Victorian Government is banning all e-waste from being sent to landfill from 1 July.
- Published 17 June 2019Council to appeal Wallan pokies decisionMitchell Shire Council will appeal the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation (VCGLR) decision to approve an extra 20 poker machines at Hogan’s Hotel in Wallan.
- Published 14 June 2019Breaking down men's health barriers to exerciseMitchell Shire is taking steps to reduce exercise barriers for men in our community as part of International Men’s Health Week.
- Published 13 June 2019Brand-new men’s shed opens upBroadford Men’s Shed has officially opened its new shed which will offer men throughout Mitchell Shire the chance to come together and socialise, build on trade skills and provide quality programs for the community.
- Published 7 June 2019More reserve upgrades plannedMitchell Shire Council will continue to expand and improve its play space network throughout the municipality as the number of residents continues to grow year on year.
- Published 7 June 2019A partnership to protect your petsWith cat and dog registration renewals due on 10 April, Council’s Local Laws team is door-knocking those who haven’t renewed following SMS and mail reminders.
- Published 7 June 2019Local library changing lives of our youngest residentsOne local family daycare provider is making the most of Mitchell Shire’s library services to help enrich the early education of the children in her care.