Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Published 10 January 2020Businesses fundraising for bushfire appealsMitchell Shire Council is promoting the businesses in our region that are generously supporting fundraising efforts for the bushfire appeals.
- Published 10 January 2020Calls for Mitchell Shire to dob in a dumperMitchell Shire Council is calling on community to provide any information on a large roadside rubbish dump on Beveridge Road, near Minton Street, Beveridge.
- Published 10 January 2020Helping hand in the North EastMitchell Shire staff are supporting our Council neighbours as the battle continues to contain fires in the North East of the state.
- Published 10 January 2020Please be fire readyAre you fire ready? The current bushfires in the North East of the State are a strong reminder that bushfire survival plans are critical to all households across the Shire.
- Published 6 January 2020Sell out show ready to rock WallanAttack of the Plastic Time Monsters show is on Monday 13 January at the Wallan Multi-Purpose Community Centre and best of all it’s free. Created and performed by two of Melbourne’s finest comedians, the theatrical comedy show raises awareness about littering and ocean health.
- Published 6 January 2020School holiday fun upon usMitchell Shire’s Council libraries, leisure centres and youth rooms are jam-packed with school holiday programs.
- Published 20 December 2019Festival planning permit amended by CouncilMitchell Shire Council resolved to approve an amended planning permit for music festivals in Tallarook that will see a change to times, monitoring and fixing an anomaly with a date.
- Published 20 December 2019Planning for new year at Tallarook HallFinal modifications are being made to the planning and building permits for works on the rebuilding of the Tallarook Mechanics Institute Hall after it was destroyed by fire in 2018.
- Published 17 December 2019Youth Hub to beat in town heartThe first sod on a dedicated Youth Hub in the heart of Wallan was officially turned by Member for Yan Yean Danielle Green MP and Mitchell Shire Mayor Councillor David Lowe on Tuesday 17 December.
- Published 17 December 2019Platform will hook anglersA new two-tiered fishing platform in Seymour has officially opened making recreational fishing easier and accessible for all people in the community.