- Published 24 April 20192019 Anzac Day EventsThere are a range of events across the shire to commemorate Anzac Day, 25 April
- Published 24 April 2019Public Holiday Service Changes - Easter & Anzac Day 2019Over the Easter long weekend there are changes to some of our Council services.
- Published 23 April 2019Fire Danger Period ending on 1 MayThe CFA declared Fire Danger Period will be lifted in Mitchell Shire on Wednesday 1 May. Once the CFA declared Fire Danger Period is lifted, in most cases you can burn-off without a permit, but there are a few local laws that must be followed.
- Published 18 April 2019Council welcomes Federal election commitment to mental healthMitchell Shire Council has welcomed a Federal funding commitment to bring a $3 million headspace facility to the community.
- Published 18 April 2019Council carries out health inspectionsIf you plan on treating yourself to a piercing, a tattoo, a haircut or head to a myotherapist, it is important to check if that business is registered and compliant with the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008.
- Published 17 April 2019Authorised officers to attend Boogie FestivalMitchell Shire Council has engaged an accredited acoustic evaluator to measure noise at the upcoming Boogie 13 Festival over the Easter long weekend in Tallarook.
- Published 12 April 2019State of Mitchell's mental health“Mental health is close to home, but help is far away. Something must be done now.”
- Published 12 April 2019Expressions of Interest for Australia DayMitchell Shire is seeking Expressions of Interests from community organisations to host the 2020 Australia Day celebrations.
- Published 8 April 2019Council services closing due to planned power outage for WallanMitchell Shire Council has been notified by AusNet Services of a planned interruption to the electricity supply in Wallan on Tuesday 9 April, from 8.30am to 4pm. This will affect a number of Council Services.
- Published 5 April 2019Cat curfew on the cards for Mitchell ShireMitchell Shire Council is preparing to introduce a nightly cat curfew later this year and is asking the community for input on how the curfew could work and any concerns that might need addressing.