Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Published 2 August 2020Mitchell remains at stage 3 restrictionsThe Victorian Government has announced restrictions to help tackle the community spread of COVID-19. We can confirm that Mitchell remains in Stage 3 restrictions as part of regional Victoria.
- Published 31 July 2020$1.78 million to enhance sporting reservesTwo sporting reserves in Mitchell Shire will get a boost with $958,000 in funding through the Victorian Government’s 2020/21 Local Sports Infrastructure Fund. Mitchell Shire Council will contribute $820,000, totalling a $1.778 million across three projects.
- Published 24 July 2020Essential projects continueKey projects, maintenance and emergency works continue across Mitchell Shire.
- Published 24 July 2020Illegal dumper caught red-handedMitchell Shire Council’s local laws officers have fined a resident more than $300 after covert cameras caught them red-handed illegally dumping waste along Old Sydney Road.
- Published 24 July 2020Digital marketing advice for businessesBusinesses in Mitchell Shire will have access to free digital marketing workshops to learn how to promote their businesses online.
- Published 23 July 2020Leisure classes onlineOur Leisure teams are hosting free online sessions to keep community members fit, focused and having fun during the COVID-19 closures.
- Published 23 July 2020New trees keep memory of those who servedFour replacement trees are now standing tall in Wallan’s Avenue of Honour.
- Published 21 July 2020Masks mandatory in MitchellFace coverings are mandatory in Mitchell from 11.59pm, Wednesday 22 July to help provide added protection from COVID-19.
- Published 21 July 2020White Street, Kilmore works resumeSafety and accessibility works will resume on Kilmore’s White Street from Monday 27 July. White Street, between Allen Street and Green Street, is being upgraded and widened, including the construction of a brand-new shared footpath, to meet Kilmore’s growing population needs.
- Published 20 July 2020Conway Street closure for upgrade worksConway Street between Kilmore-Lancefield Road and the Kilmore CFA Station will be closed for a 20-day construction blitz in late July and August.