Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Published 28 May 2020Kindergarten enrolments now open for Wallan EastThe Wallan East Family and Children’s Centre is a joint project between Mitchell Shire Council and the State Government Growing Suburbs Fund which assists interface councils in delivering new local infrastructure. Find more details about the project or enrol for term 2 in 2021.
- Published 28 May 2020National Reconciliation Week 2020Each year NRW is 27 May to 3 June, following National Sorry Day. This year’s theme is ‘In this together’. Due to COVID-19 we are unable to hold events. In lieu of local events, Reconciliation Australia has comprised a list of online events you can participate in.
- Published 27 May 2020Rural Town Activation GrantsThe Rural Towns Activation Grants Pilot Program has been developed to support smaller, rural townships across the shire to deliver minor yet transformative projects for their community. Find out more and register your interest.
- Published 26 May 2020National Sorry Day 2020National Sorry Day is held on 26 May each year to acknowledge and recognise members of the Stolen Generations.
- Published 25 May 2020Playgrounds, skate parks and outdoor fitness equipment re-openingPlaygrounds, outdoor fitness equipment and skate parks will progressively re-open from 26 May following the easing of COVID restrictions.
- Published 22 May 2020COVID recovery package releasedMitchell Shire Council has supported a recovery package that will help assist residents and businesses during the recovery phase of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Published 22 May 2020Register for recovery roles with Working for VictoriaEmployment opportunities across Mitchell Shire have been bolstered thanks to the Victorian Government’s Working for Victoria initiative which will see a range of recovery roles supported for six months.
- Published 22 May 2020Safety works O’Gradys Road, Kilmore starting soonSafety at the intersection of O’Gradys Road and Kilmore East Road near the Kilmore East railway station and underpass will be greatly improved with works on a new turning lane, lighting and speed limit changes to start next week.
- Published 19 May 2020First round kindergarten applications for next year close 1 JuneKindergarten applications received by Monday 1 June 2020 will receive a first-round offer by the end of July 2020.
- Published 19 May 2020Fuel reduction works in Reedy CreekReedy Creek residents may have noticed the completion of some fuel reduction works along Reedy Creek Road.