Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Published 24 June 2020Major rejuvenation leads budget highlightsMitchell Shire Council’s 2020/21 budget is highlighted by $1.93 million for Wallan’s Greenhill Reserve and Wellington Street Precinct, a $2.48 million rejuvenation on Sydney Street, Kilmore, and an allocation of $2.37 million for a permanent Seymour Resource Recovery Centre.
- Published 24 June 2020Stream Jam online music festivalStream Jam North East Music Festival is an online mini-festival and gathering space featuring five musical acts from Mitchell Shire.
- Published 23 June 2020COVID-19 translated informationCOVID-19 translated information for people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, health professionals and industry. Information includes fact sheets and promotional materials.
- Published 19 June 2020Seymour Resource Recovery Centre re-openSeymour Resource Recovery Centre is re-open from Saturday 20 June after some COVID safety works to better separate the centre from the landfill which also collects all of Council’s kerbside waste.
- Published 19 June 2020COVID service updates 19 June 2020Latest COVID services updates including the re-opening of Seymour Resource Recovery Centre from Saturday 20 June, the return of book browsing in our libraries from Monday 22 June, and the re-opening of gyms and change rooms at our leisure centres from Monday 22 June.
- Published 19 June 2020Footpath program brightens up main streetsMitchell Shire’s most used main street footpaths have been given a face lift as the community slowly begins returning to town centres and some community buildings.
- Published 19 June 2020COVID-Safe sports grantsAs part of their COVID support for local sporting clubs, leagues and associations, the Victorian Government recently announced a $40 million Community Sport Sector Short-term Survival Package.
- Published 16 June 2020Streetlights to go greenStreetlights throughout Mitchell Shire are going green until at least 2030 after Council announced a partnership with Procurement Australia and 12 other Victorian Councils signing a Power Purchase Agreement with Alinta Energy.
- Published 15 June 2020Bridge paves way for better connectivityRoad connectivity and ease of movement have been created in Kilmore with a new road bridge linking Tootle Street and Centenary Drive opening.
- Published 15 June 2020Opening the door for family supportGaining access to family violence services will be greatly supported in Mitchell Shire an Orange Door access point to be established here.