Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Published 26 October 2020Libraries and customer service now openLibraries and customer service are now open following the easing of COVID restrictions.
- Published 20 October 2020Property preparations for fire and floodIf you live in metro Melbourne but have property in Mitchell Shire and you need to prepare for the flood and fire season, you will need to apply to travel here for the sole purpose of preparing your property.
- Published 18 October 2020Kilmore COVID updateA staff member at Kemp’s Bakery in Kilmore has tested positive for COVID-19. They worked between 1-11 October and are not considered to have been infectious during that period. Anyone in Kilmore or Wandong should get tested if they have any symptoms, however mild.
- Published 12 October 2020Kilmore bridges to be installedMotorists should prepare for delays of up to 20 minutes while Council installs two new pedestrian bridges on either side of the Northern Highway Road Bridge over Kilmore Creek on 22 October.
- Published 5 October 2020Visitor Info Centre is backThe Visitor Information Centre in Seymour is back open, just in time for keen regional Victorian tourists ready to safely explore Mitchell Shire on those crisp sunny days.
- Published 30 September 2020Council meeting changesThe following changes have been made to upcoming meetings.
- Published 22 September 2020Council electionsCouncil is now in a Caretaker Period (pre-election period) until 6pm on Election Day (Saturday 24 October).
- Published 21 September 2020Wallan electronic gaming machine application VCAT appeal hearingInformation about how to watch the VCAT appeal hearing regarding an application from Hogans Hotel in Wallan for an extra 20 electronic gaming machines.
- Published 17 September 2020COVID restrictions and testingThe Victorian Government has restrictions to help tackle the spread of COVID-19. Mitchell Shire is part of regional Victoria's restriction levels.
- Published 14 September 2020Seymour's growing futureGrowing Seymour as a core regional centre in northern Victoria has been further enhanced with Mitchell Shire Council supporting initiatives that will build investment confidence and enhance our shire as a great place to live, work and visit.