Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Published 19 June 2020Footpath program brightens up main streetsMitchell Shire’s most used main street footpaths have been given a face lift as the community slowly begins returning to town centres and some community buildings.
- Published 19 June 2020COVID-Safe sports grantsAs part of their COVID support for local sporting clubs, leagues and associations, the Victorian Government recently announced a $40 million Community Sport Sector Short-term Survival Package.
- Published 15 June 2020Bridge paves way for better connectivityRoad connectivity and ease of movement have been created in Kilmore with a new road bridge linking Tootle Street and Centenary Drive opening.
- Published 11 June 2020Updated kerbside policy brings more flexibilityAn updated kerbside policy adopted by Mitchell Shire Council on Monday 18 May will make it easier for people to access kerbside collections, including people who need temporary service access or increases.
- Published 10 June 2020Major Defence works present local trades and technical opportunitiesCivil works and services trades and businesses are being encouraged to contact the short-listed tenderers to support construction activities under the Armoured Fighting Vehicle Facilities Program (AFV FP) Stage 1.
- Published 10 June 2020A new way for young people in Mitchell to add their voicePeople aged 12 to 24 across Mitchell Shire can now access a new platform to provide feedback to help shape the future actions for Youth Council.
- Published 4 June 2020Free sustainable documentary for communityMitchell Youth Council, in partnership with the Department of Environment, Land Water and Planning, Mitchell Environment Advisory Committee, South West Goulburn Landcare and Mitchell Community Energy, is hosting a free viewing weekend of Damon Gameau's film 2040: Join the Regeneration.
- Published 2 June 2020Artefacts found on Taungurung CountryMitchell Shire has a long and rich Aboriginal and historic history, and archaeological evidence is scattered throughout our lands. Learn why these finds are so interesting.
- Published 1 June 2020Storm damage clean up continuesRepair works continue on more than 60 damaged Mitchell Shire Council-managed roads in towns stretching from Kilmore through to Seymour following a significant storm event on Saturday 4 April.
- Published 29 May 2020Proposed Seymour Levee directions report updateThe future of the proposed Seymour Flood Levee will be discussed at a meeting of Council on Monday 29 June.