Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Published 7 July 2020Educate yourself about plastic pollutionTo help you learn a little bit more about plastic pollution, why not cast your eyes over one of these documentaries to inspire, inform or help you in your Plastic Free July challenge.
- Published 3 July 2020Input wanted on new Broadford play spacesBroadford is getting two new play spaces and Mitchell Shire Council is looking for input on the draft designs. Head to our Engaging Mitchell portal to have your say.
- Published 3 July 2020Steady results for satisfaction surveyThe results of the annual Community Satisfaction Survey are out now. Libraries, customer service and the appearance of public areas have topped the list as the best performing areas.
- Published 29 June 2020No levee for SeymourMitchell Shire Council will not continue the Seymour Flood Levee Project.
- Published 26 June 2020Safety works at Avenue of Honour, WallanFour trees from Wallan’s Avenue of Honour will be replaced to ensure the safety of park users and drivers in the nearby vicinity.
- Published 26 June 2020Demolition works in SeymourAn external contractor will complete controlled demolition works on a Council-managed site at 27 Keith St, Seymour, during the week starting 6 July.
- Published 25 June 2020Mitchell Youth CouncilMitchell Shire Youth Services is looking for young community leaders across Seymour, Pyalong, Tooborac, Puckapunyal and the surrounding areas to take part in 2020/21 Mitchell Youth Council.
- Published 24 June 2020Stream Jam online music festivalStream Jam North East Music Festival is an online mini-festival and gathering space featuring five musical acts from Mitchell Shire.
- Published 19 June 2020Seymour Resource Recovery Centre re-openSeymour Resource Recovery Centre is re-open from Saturday 20 June after some COVID safety works to better separate the centre from the landfill which also collects all of Council’s kerbside waste.
- Published 19 June 2020COVID service updates 19 June 2020Latest COVID services updates including the re-opening of Seymour Resource Recovery Centre from Saturday 20 June, the return of book browsing in our libraries from Monday 22 June, and the re-opening of gyms and change rooms at our leisure centres from Monday 22 June.