Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Published 3 February 2020Mitchell Shire’s growing recreation spacesMitchell Shire Council will receive $4.83 million from the Victorian Government’s Growing Suburbs Fund (GSF) to deliver three projects valued at $5.09 million in Broadford, Kilmore and Wallan.
- Published 31 January 2020Mitchell joins Smart Cities pilotMitchell Shire Council is one of five Victorian councils to pilot a new Smart Cities program using sensors and other data to help improve management of public places.
- Published 31 January 2020The Shack is backRebuilding of the Upper Plenty Hall, or as it is commonly known “The Shack”, will start soon, with the iconic building to be returned to its former glory, with a modern twist.
- Published 29 January 2020Safety reminder as students returnSchool zone speed limits will be back in force as thousands of students return to schools across Mitchell Shire from Tuesday 28 January 2020.
- Published 28 January 2020Plans for Pyalong park take shapePlans for a new playground and upgrade of Pyalong’s Town Centre Park have been released for input.
- Published 26 January 2020Bumper crowd joins community celebrations in PyalongMitchell Shire was buzzing with excitement as a large crowd attended the Pyalong Memorial Gardens for the 2020 Australia Day Awards and Citizenship Ceremony.
- Published 24 January 2020Women’s Day breakfast tickets on sale nowCommunity members have a rare chance to hear from award-winning sports broadcaster Tiffany Cherry as part of Mitchell Shire Council’s annual International Women’s Day celebration.
- Published 24 January 2020Outdoor Pools closed Saturday 25 JanuaryBroadford Outdoor Pool, Seymour War Memorial Pool and Tallarook Outdoor Pool will be closed Saturday 25 January for cleaning after the Wednesday evening dust storm.
- Published 24 January 2020Safety reminder as students returnWith thousands of students set to return to our 23 primary and secondary schools across Mitchell Shire from Tuesday 28 January, it is a timely reminder for everyone driving around our schools to take care on the roads, particularly during the peak pick up and drop off times.
- Published 21 January 2020Wallis Street works ready to roll outMitchell Shire Council is about to undertake important reconstruction and resurfacing works in Wallis Street, Seymour, from Tuesday 28 January until Friday 28 February.