Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Published 14 June 2019Tobacco retailers get the messageMitchell Shire Council is pleased that the message is getting through to tobacco retailers about the illegal sale of cigarettes to minors following a successful compliance audit earlier this year.
- Published 14 June 2019Breaking down men's health barriers to exerciseMitchell Shire is taking steps to reduce exercise barriers for men in our community as part of International Men’s Health Week.
- Published 13 June 2019Brand-new men’s shed opens upBroadford Men’s Shed has officially opened its new shed which will offer men throughout Mitchell Shire the chance to come together and socialise, build on trade skills and provide quality programs for the community.
- Published 7 June 2019More reserve upgrades plannedMitchell Shire Council will continue to expand and improve its play space network throughout the municipality as the number of residents continues to grow year on year.
- Published 7 June 2019A partnership to protect your petsWith cat and dog registration renewals due on 10 April, Council’s Local Laws team is door-knocking those who haven’t renewed following SMS and mail reminders.
- Published 7 June 2019Local library changing lives of our youngest residentsOne local family daycare provider is making the most of Mitchell Shire’s library services to help enrich the early education of the children in her care.
- Published 4 June 2019Teen Mental Health First Aid CoursesMitchell Youth Services are hosting free Teen Mental Health First Aid training courses this August for all high school aged students.
- Published 3 June 2019Public Notice - Declaration of Public Highway Part Wandong Avenue WandongMitchell Shire Council has formed the opinion that part of Wandong Avenue is reasonably required for public use.
- Published 3 June 2019Public Notice - Proposed Sale of LandNotice is hereby given of the consideration to sell the land known as Reserve 1 on Title Plan PS335807H. The land is proposed to be sold by private treaty to the owners of 8 Doyle Crescent.
- Published 31 May 2019Rate reduction on the cards for many farmers in Mitchell ShireLarge properties that are actively used for agricultural production will see an average rate reduction of 4.65 per cent in Mitchell Shire this year. Smaller rural properties will see a slight change with an average 1.6 per cent increase.