View our Local Laws
We have 2 laws — 1 governs how Council works, the other determines our response to threats to public safety, facilities or enjoyment of our shire.
Local Law No. 1 Community and Environment
Local Law 1 is in place so we can respond to issues and community needs and:
- provide for the peace, order and wellbeing of people in the municipal district by enhancing public safety and community amenity
- provide for the safe and equitable use and enjoyment of public places
- protect and enhance the environment and amenity of the municipality
- regulate and control activities and behaviours which may be regarded as dangerous, unsafe or detrimental
- allow uniform and fair administration of this Local Law.
Read Local Law No. 1 Community and Environment 2013 below.
The purpose of these rules is to provide fair and consistent procedures that must be followed by Councillors. The Governance rules outline procedures relating to:
- the conduct of Council meetings
- the conduct of meetings of delegated committees
- the election of the Mayor, Deputy Mayor and appointment of an Acting Mayor
- Council’s Election Period Policy
- conflict of interest procedures for Councillors, Council staff and members of a delegated committee.
This page was last updated on 3 March 2021.