View our Local Laws
We have two laws — one governs how Council works, the other determines our response to threats to public safety, facilities or enjoyment of our shire.
Local Law No. 1 Community and Environment
Local Law 1 is in place so we can respond to issues and community needs and:
- provide for the peace, order and wellbeing of people in the municipal district by enhancing public safety and community amenity
- provide for the safe and equitable use and enjoyment of public places
- protect and enhance the environment and amenity of the municipality
- regulate and control activities and behaviours which may be regarded as dangerous, unsafe or detrimental
- allow uniform and fair administration of this Local Law.
Read Local Law No. 1 Community and Environment 2013 below.
Local Law No. 2 Common Seal and Conduct at Meetings
The purpose of Local Law 2 is to:
- regulate the use of the common seal
- prohibit unauthorised use of the common seal or any device resembling the common seal
- provide for a set of offences and associated penalties relating to conduct at Meetings.
The purpose of these rules is to provide fair and consistent procedures that must be followed by Councillors. The Governance rules outline procedures relating to:
- the conduct of Council meetings
- the conduct of meetings of delegated committees
- the election of the Mayor, Deputy Mayor and appointment of an Acting Mayor
- Council’s Election Period Policy
- conflict of interest procedures for Councillors, Council staff and members of a delegated committee.
This page was last updated on 24 March 2021.