Skip to main content
Local laws

Permit to occupy a caravan or temporary dwelling

If you are planning on staying in a caravan or temporary dwelling on private land, you will need a permit.

How to apply for a permit

  • complete a permit application for a camping and temporary dwellings (download below)
  • pay the relevant fee, an invoice can be emailed to you on request
  • supply proof of your public liability insurance for $10 million covering Council
  • provide additional information requested on the application form
  • email the documents to, post to Mitchell Shire Council, 113 High Street, Broadford VIC 3658, or deliver in person at any of our Customer and Library Service Centres.

This page was last updated on 15 February 2021.

Mitchell 2050 Community Vision

Share your views and help create a new vision to take the Mitchell community to 2050. Your input will help shape a new vision as well as our next Council Plan and Health and Wellbeing Plan.

About you

What gender do you identify as?
Do you speak a language other than English at home?

Updates and competition

We have some more questions on our consultation portal. If you would like to take part and go into the draw for a hamper of local goodies valued at $250, please visit our Mitchell 2050 website where you can also sign up for updates on this project.