Skip to main content
Local laws

Camping on Council land

Mitchell Shire Council does not have approved camping areas on Council land. To find nearby approved campgrounds visit the Parks Victoria or Visit Victoria websites.

On some occasions, Council approves camping as part of an event or festival. In these cases, a permit is required.

Apply for a permit to camp on Council land as part of a festival or event

To apply:

  • complete a permit application for camping and temporary dwelling (download below)
  • pay the relevant fee, an invoice can be emailed to you on request
  • supply proof of your public liability insurance for $10 million covering Council
  • provide additional information requested on the application form
  • email the documents to, post to Mitchell Shire Council, 113 High Street, Broadford VIC 3658, or deliver in person at any of our Customer and Library Service Centres.

This page was last updated on 1 July 2022.