Meet our Mayor and Councillors
Mitchell Shire Council is represented by 9 Councillors. Each of the shire’s three wards — North, Central and South — are represented by three Councillors.
Councillors take part in the decision making of the Council, represent the local community in that decision making and contribute to the strategic direction of the Council through the development and review of key strategic documents.
To do this they must:
- consider the interests and needs of the local community
- observe principles of good governance and act with integrity
- provide civic leadership
- serve as representatives to Committees and organisations (see list of appointments below)
- participate in the responsible allocation of the resources of Council through the annual budget, and
- facilitate effective communication between the Council and the community.
Electoral Structure of Mitchell Shire Council
Mitchell Shire Council is subdivided into 3 wards, with each of these represented by 3 elected Councillors. Download a detailed map of the electoral structure of Mitchell Shire Council, showing ward boundaries, below.
Contacting a Councillor
- email all Councillors email@example.com
- post a letter to the Mayor at 113 High Street, Broadford VIC 3658
- contact any individual Councillor directly — email and mobile numbers listed above.
This page was last updated on 26 November 2020.