Deputy Mayor Cr Fiona Stevens
Councillor Stevens is married and has 2 adult daughters and 4 grandchildren. She brings to Council extensive knowledge of the Mitchell area, having grown up and been educated in Broadford. When she returned to the region to live in Seymour in 1981, she involved herself in many community organisations.
With an extensive background as a sworn member of Victoria Police, she retired in 2013. She explains her professional role was by choice in Crime Prevention: investigating child abuse, sexual assault and domestic violence. In 2003, she was awarded the Jack Brockhoff Churchill Fellowship enabling 3 months’ study in the United Kingdom to investigate ways to improve police and stakeholder responses.
She has volunteered as:
- President and Secretary of the Victoria Street Kindergarten
- member of committees at St Mary’s College School
- President and Secretary of Seymour Girl Guides
- member of the Seymour Inaugural Life Education Committee
- member of Seymour Rotary (past Board Member and Past President in 2008/09)
- member of the Seymour Save The Outdoor Pool Committee (2001-16)
- elected community representative on the Mitchell Shire Olympic Torch Relay Planning Committee
Cr Stevens enjoys identifying issues and researching to find solutions. She is keen to find a fair and appropriate outcome to community concerns and is passionate to see Mitchell Shire progress.
Cr Stevens was first elected in 2016 and then elected again in 2020.
|Audit and Risk Committee|
|Australia Day Awards Committee|
|Broadford Living & Learning Centre|
|CEO Performance Review Advisory Committee|
|Community Questions and Hearings Committee|
|Mitchell Heritage Advisory Committee|
|Municipal Association of Victoria|
|Northern Councils Alliance|
|Roadsafe Goulburn Valley|
|Seymour Old Courthouse Committee|
|Seymour Tennis Complex Committee|
|Tallarook Recreation Reserve Committee|