Meet our Mayor and Councillors
Mitchell Shire Council is represented by 9 Councillors. Each of the shire’s 3 wards — North, Central and South — are represented by 3 Councillors.
Councillors take part in the decision making of the Council, represent the local community in that decision making and contribute to the strategic direction of the Council through the development and review of key strategic documents.
To do this they must:
- consider the interests and needs of the local community
- observe principles of good governance and act with integrity
- provide civic leadership
- participate in the responsible allocation of the resources of Council through the annual budget, and
- facilitate effective communication between the Council and the community.
Contacting a Councillor
- email all Councillors email@example.com
- post a letter to the Mayor at 113 High Street, Broadford VIC 3658
- contact any individual Councillor directly — email and mobile numbers listed above
This page was last updated on 28 January 2020.