Customer Service Centres
Our customer service centres offer library services as well as bill paying, bookings, arranging new services, permits and more.
You will need to scan the QR code upon entry at our sites for COVID contact tracing purposes.
Phone our Customer Service team on 03 5734 6200.
View our locations below for more information.
- Broadford Customer and Library Service CentreCustomer and Library Service Centres, Customer Service Centre & Library113 High St, BroadfordThis centre is currently closed for refurbishment. Works are expected to be completed by the end of June. A Customer and Library Services Officer will be available at the Broadford Living and Learning Centre (the former bush nursing hospital), 156-158 High Street, from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday during the closure.
- Kilmore Customer and Library Service CentreCustomer and Library Service Centres, Customer Service Centre & Library12 Sydney St, KilmorePlease visit the Library support during COVID page for more information. Customer service enquiries phone 03 5734 6200. Kilmore library enquiries phone 03 5734 6451.
- Seymour Customer and Library Service CentreCustomer and Library Service Centres, Customer Service Centre & Library125 Anzac Avenue, SeymourPlease visit the Library support during COVID page for more information. Customer service enquiries phone 03 5734 6200. Seymour library enquiries phone 03 5734 6453.
- Wallan Customer and Library Service CentreCustomer and Library Service Centres, Customer Service Centre & LibraryWellington Square Shopping Centre, WallanPlease visit the Library support during COVID page for more information. Customer service enquiries phone 03 5734 6200. Wallan library enquiries phone 03 5734 6454.
- pay an account — rates, kindergarten, fines and more
- report an issue or lodge a customer request (for example: parking, roads, noise and nuisance)
- bins — arrange for new and replacement bins or report an unemptied or damaged bin
- animals — register a pet or obtain a cat trap
- submit a permit — planning, building, environmental health and more
- issue and replacement of sharps containers
- apply for or renew a disabled parking permit
- information on our facilities and services
- first point of call for emergencies
- change your contact details
Services available only at Kilmore
- Renew a licence — car, bike or boat
- Photopoint service
- Learner permits
- Work diaries for truck drivers
- Replacement work books for learner drivers
- Road to Solo driving books
- Licence plate returns
Services Australia Access Point
- Connect with Centrelink, Medicare and other Government programs and services
- Free self service facilities, including phone and computer to help you conduct your business with the Agency
- Free Wi-Fi available. No password required.
- Proof of age cards
- Firearm/security licence renewals
- Miners right permits
- V/Line tickets
- eServices including eBooks, eAudio, eLearning and eMagazines
- talking books
- free activities including Storytime, Baby Bookworms and Toddler Read and Rhyme as well as school holiday programs, Robotics, Tech Help classes, Book Chat and more
Customer Service Charter
Mitchell Shire Council strives to meet the needs of our community, and a key to this is providing quality customer service.
Our customer service charter outlines:
- our commitment to you, including what our customers can expect when dealing with our customer service team
- our vision, mission and values
- complaint handling process — also see make a complaint
- service standard levels and measures.
Download our customer service charter below.
This page was last updated on 27 January 2022.