Join the committee
We're currently looking for a person to join the Audit Committee.
Mitchell’s Audit Committee
Our Audit Committee makes sure that we carry out our responsibilities in:
- external financial reporting
- internal and external audit
- internal control and risk management
- compliance and ethics
- fraud prevention
- good governance
The Committee meets quarterly and reports to council as an Advisory Committee of Council.
Matters commonly discussed at Audit Committee meetings are:
- internal and external reports
- implementation status of audit recommendations
- financial statements
- internal audit performance data
- risk register
- reports relating to governance, legislative compliance and information technology
- other reports from council officers
Members of the Audit Committee
The Committee is made up of 3 independent members and two Councillor members as follows:
- Councillor David Lowe
- Councillor David Atkinson
- Michael Ulbrick (Chair)
- Bruce Potgieter
- Rob Wernli
Also in attendance at meetings (but unable to vote) are Council’s:
- Director Governance and Corporate Performance
- Manager Finance and Assets
- Manager People and Culture
The Mayor has a standing invitation to attend the Audit Committee as a non-voting member.
Internal Audit Plan
Each year we review Council's risk register and talk to management to draw up an annual Internal Audit Plan. An Internal Audit Plan makes sure that audit resources are directed to areas of greatest risk.
That plan is reviewed and approved annually by the Audit and Risk Management Committee. Each quarter, plan execution and follow-up report findings are monitored.
Internal Audit Services
Our internal audit services are provided by Pitcher Partners.